none
Webpart Id changed automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

A form has multiple webparts and suddenly the Ids have changed which led to Disable of form.I have checked possible changes in code but there weren't any.

Do anyone know why webpart id's have changed?

Thursday, October 17, 2019 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hi AB0357,

This is expected. The id is just a unique identifier. Any back-ups or templates just contain information about what comprises the pages (i.e. page titles, web part properties) not the specific ids of components.

The id are unique for a specific instance of the web part not for a type of web part and cannot be duplicated within a content db.

When the page is generated from the back-up or template it adds these web parts and generates a new id for the web part just as it would when you are adding them through the ui.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:18 AM
    Friday, October 18, 2019 5:59 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking your situation here.

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best Regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:42 AM