none
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Question

• So as soon as the new year rolled about my brand new (not even a week old) headset began to give me this error message on my laptop. I've tried using a few other devices that have worked for nearly an entire year (a Bamboo drawing tablet and my verizon phone's charger) to get the same message. The 4gig memory stick I have still works however so I can safely say my USB ports still work.

I have tried connecting each device to each port but it makes no difference. The troubleshooter has done absolutely nothing at all to help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday, January 02, 2011 2:51 PM

Answers

• Hi wolfaru,

Thanks for the post!

Which model of your new headset? Is it compatible with Windows 7?

The Error Code 43 means one of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem.

I recommend you update the headset driver to the latest one and check if the issue persists.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, January 04, 2011 5:05 AM

All replies

• Hi wolfaru,

Thanks for the post!

Which model of your new headset? Is it compatible with Windows 7?

The Error Code 43 means one of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem.

I recommend you update the headset driver to the latest one and check if the issue persists.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, January 04, 2011 5:05 AM
  • So as soon as the new year rolled about my brand new (not even a week old) headset began to give me this error message on my laptop. I've tried using a few other devices that have worked for nearly an entire year (a Bamboo drawing tablet and my verizon phone's charger) to get the same message. The 4gig memory stick I have still works however so I can safely say my USB ports still work.

I have tried connecting each device to each port but it makes no difference. The troubleshooter has done absolutely nothing at all to help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, March 03, 2012 7:21 PM
  • Hi,

I think that your device drivers must be old try updating them via Device Manager. Or try some other device of the same type to see if you still get the same message.

Hope this helps.

Preveen

Sunday, March 04, 2012 6:52 PM