none
Uninstall Catalyst Control Centre and ATI Catalyst Install Mgr

Question

• Hi,

When I try to upgrade my Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium, I got a message suggested to uninstall both Catalyst Control Centre and ATI Catalyst Install Mgr. I then followed the instruction and click into "Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features" then click on ATI Catalyst Install Mgr. I could only see "Change" and there is no "Uninstall" option. I could not even find Catalyst Control Centre in there. I could find Catalyst Control Centre by clicking "Start, Programs, Catalyst Control Centre" but again no uninstall option.

Since software was preinstalled by manufacturer, I called HP and got an answer that it needed to be uninstalled by changing "MsConfig". They saw this as software problem so they would charge me if I let them uninstall the programs for me. It's hard for me to accept this because I think its not software problem. It's their problem when they installed the program and take away the uninstall option.

Could anyone help?

Jetsis 
    Friday, November 06, 2009 3:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest downloading the latest version of Catalyst Control Centre from HP first (It should be listed as ATI driver). After installing, please check if it can be removed now. If not, try instaling Windows 7 again and check if the new version is compatible with Windows 7.

You can also try to remove it using Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.

1. Click the following link:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/9/D/E9D80355-7AB4-45B8-80E8-983A48D5E1BD/msicuu2.exe

2. Save the file to your Desktop.
    3. Right click "msicuu2.exe", choose "Run as administrator" and follow the wizard to install this tool on your computer.
    4. If any ATI software is listed, please remove it.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Friday, November 06, 2009 7:33 AM
  • I got a message suggested to uninstall both Catalyst Control Centre and ATI Catalyst Install Mgr. I then followed the instruction and click into "Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features" then click on ATI Catalyst Install Mgr. I could only see "Change" and there is no "Uninstall" option.
    Choose 'Change'.

Click on 'Next' in the resulting dialogue box, then select "Uninstall all ATi components".

Follow the prompts from there.  'Change' is the option you need, because it contains the uninstall procedure access.

Cheers.
    Friday, November 06, 2009 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest downloading the latest version of Catalyst Control Centre from HP first (It should be listed as ATI driver). After installing, please check if it can be removed now. If not, try instaling Windows 7 again and check if the new version is compatible with Windows 7.

You can also try to remove it using Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.

1. Click the following link:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/9/D/E9D80355-7AB4-45B8-80E8-983A48D5E1BD/msicuu2.exe

2. Save the file to your Desktop.
    3. Right click "msicuu2.exe", choose "Run as administrator" and follow the wizard to install this tool on your computer.
    4. If any ATI software is listed, please remove it.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Friday, November 06, 2009 7:33 AM
  • I got a message suggested to uninstall both Catalyst Control Centre and ATI Catalyst Install Mgr. I then followed the instruction and click into "Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features" then click on ATI Catalyst Install Mgr. I could only see "Change" and there is no "Uninstall" option.
    Choose 'Change'.

Click on 'Next' in the resulting dialogue box, then select "Uninstall all ATi components".

Follow the prompts from there.  'Change' is the option you need, because it contains the uninstall procedure access.

Cheers.
    Friday, November 06, 2009 8:19 AM
  • Thank you very much for your help. It worked.

Have a nice weekend.
    Friday, November 06, 2009 11:54 PM