none
DFS-R staging quota RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I would like to request again your exepertise regarding dfs r.

I have encoutered some challanges when i replicated a folder to a server located on a different site.i set the stage quota to default 4gb and upon checkin the replication stops due to stage quota was already full.can you help me how to compute the right quota for each of my folder?

The benchmark i have is only the largest folder i have and for a day it has a almost 150gb new data.

Monday, November 4, 2019 7:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you check the following Microsoft blog post:
    How to Determine the Minimum Staging Area DFSR Needs for a Replicated Folder

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Monday, November 4, 2019 8:28 AM
  • Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

We can refer to the link Leon provided.

Meanwhile, from the article Edit the Quota Size of the Staging Folder and Conflict and Deleted Folder, we can see:

For the initial replication of existing data on the primary member, the staging folder quota must be large enough so that replication can continue even if multiple large files remain in the staging folder because partners cannot promptly download the files.

To properly size the staging folder for initial replication, you must take into account the size of the files to be replicated. At a minimum, the staging folder quota should be at least the size of the 32 largest files in the replicated folder, or the 16 largest files for read-only replicated folders. To improve performance, set the size of the staging folder quota as close as possible to the size of the replicated folder.

For more inforamtion, we can refer to the article.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 7:32 AM
  • Hi,
    If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:04 AM
  • Hi,
    I am just writing to see if this question has any update. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.
    Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Friday, November 8, 2019 5:55 AM
  • Hi daisy,

Yes solved i already mark your answer as answer.thabk you.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:09 AM