Windows 10 version 1909 FOD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I began first by setting up FOD files to install RSAT feature for devices upgraded to 1903.

Then, by enablement package I found my self with 1909 Windows 10.

The question what is the right configuration at the client side to be able to deploy/add/install a specific FOD.

The command line I prepared at sccm package is 

dism /online /add-capability /CapabilityName:Rsat.ActiveDirectory.DS-LDS.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 /source:".\"

I don't know which is right at gpedit side to set in the capture below

Cherif Benammar

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 7:48 PM

All replies

• I have to add that I used 1903 FOD files, is that also OK?

Cherif Benammar

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 7:49 PM
  • Hi,

you can easily install the Windows 10 1903 RSAT FoD using PowerShell.

And here is a guide for your reference:

https://www.moderndeployment.com/quick-start-guide-rsat-windows-10-1903-offline-fod-sccm-mdt-osd/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best Regards,

Farena

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 3:12 AM
  • Can I understand that FOD are the same for both 1903 and 1909?

Do I need to make any change on that captured GPO settings?

Cherif Benammar

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 8:04 AM
  • Hi,

Yes. As far as I know there is no obvious difference between 1903 and 1909.

If there is no error, you do not need to change the settings.

For all OS versions, changing the Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair policy does not affect how OS updates are distributed. They continue to come from WSUS or SCCM or other sources as you have scheduled them, even while optional content is sourced from Windows Update or a network location.

For your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/fod-and-lang-packs

Best Regards,

Farena

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, March 19, 2020 6:31 AM