none
Windows 10 enterprise 1903 breaks the concurrent use of wired and wireless NICs RRS feed

• Question

• Our company regularly needs laptops to connect to our domain (internet access) and to a small workgroup (isolated from internet access). Any PC that has upgraded to 1903 has lost the ability to be connected simultaneously. Each connection does work independently.

This issue is hardware independent as it occurs on two different manufacturers and five different models of laptop. All systems have latest drivers, firmware, and BIOS. There are no settings in their BIOS to control this. There are no wireless adapter settings for disabling wireless when wired connection is plugged in.

We have tried the following registry settings to no avail:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WcmSvc\Local\fMinimizeConnections

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WcmSvc\GroupPolicy fBlockNonDomain

We need this feature back.  Have I missed a setting somewhere?

All help is appreciated.

The truth in truth is a terrible jest. --Blitzen Trapper

• Edited by Grey_corbin Friday, September 20, 2019 5:29 PM
    Friday, September 20, 2019 5:28 PM

All replies

• From where have you downloaded Network drivers?

I shall suggest you to update via Windows Update.

Enable "Configure registry policy processing” under Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative templates -> System -> Group policy”

Do not enable "Process even if GP objects not changed”. (leave unchecked)

Restart client

Kindly go through the following KB:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4471324/windows-10-update-kb4471324

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Saturday, September 21, 2019 12:31 AM
  • Hello,

This seems known issue with V1903. I believe, V1903 removed the ability to simultaneously use wired and wireless. I would recommend you to first try suggestions from S.Sengupta. In case if issue still persists, report this via Feedback hub app.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Saturday, September 21, 2019 5:45 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 26, 2019 11:26 AM