No options showing when attempting to capture an image with PXE Boot. RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently using MDT 2013 and am attempting to capture an image for a reference machine I created. MDT is already configured and I have configured my reference machine the way I would like it. I have created a boot image to capture machines. I have completed the necessary sysprep procedures. When I boot up my reference machine and press F12, I select the onboard NIC and the workstation acquires a DHCP address. 2 capture images should show up at this point. Instead there are no options available. 
    Friday, August 14, 2020 7:21 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

Did you enabled Bitlocker on reference machine?

If yes, we should disable Bitlocker at first before capture image as there is a known issue about Bitlocker when using MDT which to cause PXE boot corruption. 

Please refer the link below for a step by step manual and check if it is available to success deploy.

https://deploymentresearch.com/back-to-basics-building-a-windows-7-sp1-reference-image-using-mdt-2013-update-2/

Or we could capture system image in Windows PE environment instead of PXE boot.

Please note: Information posted in the given link is hosted by a third party. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy and effectiveness of information.

This "Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

Bests,

"Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

• Edited by Joy-Qiao Monday, August 17, 2020 9:03 AM
    Monday, August 17, 2020 8:59 AM
  • Hi, 

Any update?

Bests, 

" Please note that new questions regarding ‘Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment’ could NOT be posted in this forum anymore. This thread could be followed up until Mar-30th. We will be moving your thread to Microsoft Q&A if the deadline is missed. Register our new platform Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! for new questions or discussion. Check more details on sticky post.

Wednesday, August 19, 2020 5:54 AM