none
1701 A.D. Gold Edition

Question

• Hi everyone :),

Well, I have a feeling I would come acrossed some of my games that aren't working on Windows 7.  One of them being 1701 A.D. Gold Edition.  The game has "Tages" protection, which Windows 7 isn't compatible with.  It's mostly because of any older version of the protection.  I've tired going to Tages website to download the newer version.  But the game doesn't seem to want the newer version, only the one it came with. :(  Hopefully since still in beta, once everything gets worked out, I maybe able to play this game on it.
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• This will be up to Tages to get their software update to allow Windows 7 to be accepted by the software.  Microsoft wont have anything to do with it since it is their software blocking Windows 7, not Windows 7 blocking their software. ;)

Regards,

~Alex T.~
    ~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    Monday, January 26, 2009 3:44 AM
  • Hi Alex T!  Thanks for the information, hopefully Tages will update their protection in the near future for Windows 7. :)  Thanks again! :D
    Monday, January 26, 2009 5:45 AM
  • http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm

Drivers are now working for windows 7.

Play on!

• Proposed as answer by Kristofer J Saturday, June 05, 2010 11:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ryan Hasseld Sunday, June 06, 2010 8:11 AM
    Sunday, May 02, 2010 2:08 PM
  • Hi im having trouble running the Game still and i updated the driver but i still cant play when i double click the icon it starts reading but nothing happens is there a solution for this?

I have tried putting the compability thing but nothing happens still and i like this game alot can someone pls help me.

Saturday, June 05, 2010 11:08 PM