none
failed to connect DDE in windows 7

Question

• Hi

I am getting error when open adobe file in my laptop am getting the error

acrobat failed to connect DDE server.

what is DDE server in windows 7. why it is trying to connect while opening pdf file. Please help me

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Thanks Chandru CT-HCL

Thanks Chandru CT. MCITP

Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please refer "Acrobat failed to connect to DDE Server - Can't open"

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4454198#4454198

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

- .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....

Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:35 PM
  • Generally this error comes from an anti-virus program blocking the software from connecting. Try uninstall and again reinstall Acrobat Reader. If the problem re happens then install Foxit Reader (it is free) & see if the behavior persists.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:55 PM
  • Hi,

DDE is Dynamic Data Exchange and you can refer to Dynamic Data Exchange

According to this adobe error message, please check whether these threads can help:

"Fatal Error:  Acrobat Failed to connect to a DDE server"

Adobe Acrobat fatal error.... Failed to connect to a DDE Server

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 17, 2012 8:40 AM
  • Hi,

Same problem, exactly the same error message, but in my case it was an easy fix -

I am running windows 8 and I suspected a failed instance of reader already in memory.  I opened task manager - <ctrl>+<alt>+<del> and looked down the list of running processes to where i saw two instances of adobe reader.  I deleted them and tried again and this time it worked.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, a program will fail and stay in memory and produce weird results when you try to run it again.  If however you restart your computer and it still continues to happen, then you have to look elsewhere.

peter flay peter@driven.com.au P:+61 8 9247 5151 F:+61 8 9342 1973 Temp email: peterflay@hotmail.com http://awomanstouchphotography.com.au

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 5:52 AM
  • Great Answer.  Tried to uninstalled Acrobat Reader error message said that another program was using it, had to go to task manager to close three open versions of Adobe Reader before it would uninstall.  After that I reinstalled and it worked just fine.  Plus now I have and alternate reader Foxit Reader.

I am very grateful. Thank U so much

Sunday, January 25, 2015 5:23 PM
  • Wow great! thanks I was looking for this for ages, and saw all sorts of posts about re-installing (or repair installing) or even changing a key in the registry - none of which worked.  I normally put my PC to sleep rather than shutting it down and so this has persisted for days and days.

After looking at Task Manager I also saw 2 instances of adobe reader stuck in memory.  I deleted them and now it works fine.

Thanks!

• Edited by Ben Saunders Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:36 PM
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:35 PM