none
IE8 freezes on Google Image search

Question

• When i click a thumbnail in Google Image Search my browser freezes/crashes.

Search works, but when i click an thumbnail it loads the new page with the google frame with the thumb on top and then freezes my browser.

I've tried with all add ons disabled. No issue using Fire Fox.

Im on Windows 7 HP 32 bit using Internet Explorer 8.
    Friday, March 12, 2010 8:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to suggest you reset Internet Explorer settings to check the issue.

If it does not work, you may also try the Compatibility View.

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Monday, March 15, 2010 5:42 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to suggest you reset Internet Explorer settings to check the issue.

If it does not work, you may also try the Compatibility View.

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT

Thanks Arthur for your reply.

I had my finger poised on the mouse button to "reset" IE and backed out. I decided I really don't want to lose all my customizations for this one issue. I'll just use FF for Google image searches for now.

Looking around the Web I see others are having the same issue. I don't see any resolutions thus far. Perhaps it will be addressed in a future WUD.

I am in communication with one other individual with the same issue. Maybe I can get him to guinea pig a reset for me :)

Compatability mode has no effect BTW.

Thanks again

D
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:54 PM
  • If you don't want to reset your settings, you could see how things behave with a new user account - create a new user account, and try Google Image Search using it.
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 10:05 PM
  • I know you disabled add ons with no luck. But I had this same issue. When I disabled Google Toolbar, the problem vanished. I've had other problems caused by Google Toolbar, which is why I suspected it.

In my case, having Google Toolbar enabled causes Google Images to crash IE8. Its a repeatable condition. Are you listening Google? Hello?

I'm on Windows 7.

Sunday, August 15, 2010 2:50 PM