none
Bluetooth devices

Question

• I have a BT mouse and keyboard. When I installed Windows 7, i searched for BT devices (with the help of a usb mouse and keyboard, off course) and it found both keyboard and mouse and they worked without a problem. Yesterday i installed Bluesoleil 5 and i also managed to got devices to work properly. Since i saw there was a new version of Bluesoleil, now v6, I downloaded and installed it. Now started the problems. I added the devices with no problems, but then, after I moved the mouse, I got a BSOD. When windows 7 restarted, a few moments after I started moving the mouse, I got a BSOD again. I tried starting Windows in safe mode to uninstall it, but it wouldn't uninstall in safe mode. Started windows in normal mode again, and this time, with my usb mouse, i got to uninstall Bluesoleil 6. Now the thing is, I can't get windows to find any bluetooth device at all. Off course, i already tried restarting the pc, I also tried installing the latest drivers for my BT Dongle (Belkin f8t003 v.2), but windows doesn't find anything! :(
    Does anyone have any clue as to how to solve this problem?

I really prefer my BT mouse and keyboard...
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:49 PM

Answers

• I'm guessing you didn't create a Restore Point before installing Bluesoleil?

If reinstalling Bluesoleil 5 doesn't work you might try doing an over-the-top upgrade of your Windows 7 installation with Windows 7. This should replace any native bluetooth Windows 7 drivers that Bluesoleil might have removed or replaced.

You should then be back to where you started before you ever installed Bluesoleil.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:06 PM

All replies

• I'm guessing you didn't create a Restore Point before installing Bluesoleil?

If reinstalling Bluesoleil 5 doesn't work you might try doing an over-the-top upgrade of your Windows 7 installation with Windows 7. This should replace any native bluetooth Windows 7 drivers that Bluesoleil might have removed or replaced.

You should then be back to where you started before you ever installed Bluesoleil.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:06 PM
  • Thx for the help, but for now I switched to Vista. I'll probably install 7 again one of these days...
    Friday, January 23, 2009 2:18 PM
  • There was a known problem with upgrades with Win7 Bluetooth solution.  If you decide to try again, there's a fix for that that involves editing the registry.

Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.

Delete these two entries in the registry and try to search for the device again. Note that this will remove all paired Bluetooth devices.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Devices
    And HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Bluetooth\ExceptionDB (if it exists)

Todd Schiele
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:57 AM
  • Todd, thanx, that did it!
    vista is my OS of choice
    Sunday, February 01, 2009 7:59 PM
  • It seems that although that didn't help me in time, because I changed back to Vista, it did help someone. :)
    And I also know now what to do if I try Windows 7 again and something like that happens again.
    Monday, February 02, 2009 6:05 PM
  • Hi Todd - everything is working great with Win7 except my Bluetooth, which I use to send my audio to a sony home stereo with a bluetooth receiver.  On my PC  I use the Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba v. 500.10 and while i have been able to pair the device and the sound is coming through, it is scratchy and spotty using the bluetooth (with normal PC audio the sound is fine).   First i tried deleting the keys as you suggested, but neither were in my directories.  Then I tried reinstalling the bluetooth stack and using the standard windows "add a bluetooth device", but neither worked.  Help? 

Thanks!
    Saturday, February 07, 2009 2:36 PM
  • Just to add fuel to the fire. I just bought a Bluetooth USB adaptor (Belkin F8TD17) and it worked fine in VISTA. When I tried to install it in Win 7 (same laptop - differen t partitions), I was told that the software can only be installed on MS Vista. Tried Vista compatability but no success. Just another case of hardware needing a driver upgrade (hopefuly before Win 7 golive).
    Windows 7 beta dual booting with VISTA Home Premium 2 GB memory 160 HD Gateway Laptop HP Officejet 6310 All-in One inkjet printer Verizon FIOS Internet Connection
    Saturday, February 07, 2009 8:11 PM
  • larsjo [msft] said:

Hi Todd - everything is working great with Win7 except my Bluetooth, which I use to send my audio to a sony home stereo with a bluetooth receiver.  On my PC  I use the Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba v. 500.10 and while i have been able to pair the device and the sound is coming through, it is scratchy and spotty using the bluetooth (with normal PC audio the sound is fine).   First i tried deleting the keys as you suggested, but neither were in my directories.  Then I tried reinstalling the bluetooth stack and using the standard windows "add a bluetooth device", but neither worked.  Help? 

Thanks!

I believe Toshiba released an update to their software recently.  Try a search for it on their site.  I may be able to get a link posted if you can't find it.

Thanks!
    Sunday, February 08, 2009 1:07 AM
  • blegs38552 said:

Just to add fuel to the fire. I just bought a Bluetooth USB adaptor (Belkin F8TD17) and it worked fine in VISTA. When I tried to install it in Win 7 (same laptop - differen t partitions), I was told that the software can only be installed on MS Vista. Tried Vista compatability but no success. Just another case of hardware needing a driver upgrade (hopefuly before Win 7 golive).

Windows 7 beta dual booting with VISTA Home Premium 2 GB memory 160 HD Gateway Laptop HP Officejet 6310 All-in One inkjet printer Verizon FIOS Internet Connection

Please send feedback to Belkin as well.  You may not need the additional support however, please try using the default MS Bluetooth support and see if anything's missing.

Thanks!
    Todd [MSFT]
    Sunday, February 08, 2009 1:10 AM
  • Thanks Todd.  It's a Sony Vaio that's running the Toshiba stack and Toshiba's 6.0 version is only available for Toshiba laptops.  They did have a patch for 5.10 although i believe unrelated to the issue i was having because nothing changed after install.

Good news separately though is that I found a workaround.  The default sound quality setting is for "Auto" under the Bluetooth settings, which was never a problem with Vista but was with Win7.  When i changed that setting to either Low Quality or Standard Quality, the sound problems stopped.  Auto or High Quality makes the problem come back...

Thanks again.
    Sunday, February 08, 2009 5:48 AM
  • You're quite right. I plugged the Bluetooth adapter into a USB port, Win7 found it and installed it. I was able to send files back and forth without any need for the Belkin software. Most impressive.
    Monday, February 09, 2009 2:31 AM