none
Compatibility tab inssues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, my windows 7 is missing the registry key appcompat which is the one that causes the compatibility tab exists in properties, can anyone help me?
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 10:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please type "Run programs made for previous versions of Windows" in start menu search, then you are able to run that application in compatibility mode through that. Select the program you're having problems with.

Best regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 8, 2019 2:31 AM
  • And I've tried this, but it only appears that the application is incompatible even though I can open it normally (is that this application is a launcher of a game but only works the game when this launcher is in compatibility mode of windows xp service pack 3, as I do not want to update my driver from my video card)
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 3:29 PM
  • Hi,

Since this thread is closer to Windows 7 Application Compatibility, so I will move to forum Windows 7 Application Compatibility in order to get better support.

Thanks for the understanding!

Best regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 11, 2019 2:44 AM
  • In general, compatibility mode is the solution for compatibility issue, you have done enough.

If your game launcher is an old program, you could install both of it and game in a virtual machine, or contact game support for some dieas.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 12, 2019 2:18 AM