none
Windows 7 enterprise product key

Question

• hi

i have recently used windows 7 enterprise 90 day trial and have now brought a product key. it says i need to do a clean install of windows 7 enterpice but is there anywere i can download it ?

help!

Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:18 PM

Answers

• "nate56" wrote in message news:8802deca-0761-4bcf-974f-4e5c4317b35a...

If you have Windows 7 Enterprise installed already in trial mode you should be able to just activate the copy you have installed. Click Start right click Computer and go to properties. At the bottom you should have an option to Change Product Key. When you click that it should walk you through activating your copy of Windows.

Otherwise here is the link to download Windows 7

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495.aspx

FWIW, you cannot use a full license Key in the Trial - the software itself is time-bombed, and just installing a legal Key doesn't stop the clock.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:58 PM
  • Yes, you need to perform a "clean install" using the proper non-trial version Windows 7 Enterprise installation DVD.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, June 03, 2012 11:59 PM

All replies

• If you have Windows 7 Enterprise installed already in trial mode you should be able to just activate the copy you have installed. Click Start right click Computer and go to properties. At the bottom you should have an option to Change Product Key. When you click that it should walk you through activating your copy of Windows.

Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:34 PM
  • "nate56" wrote in message news:8802deca-0761-4bcf-974f-4e5c4317b35a...

If you have Windows 7 Enterprise installed already in trial mode you should be able to just activate the copy you have installed. Click Start right click Computer and go to properties. At the bottom you should have an option to Change Product Key. When you click that it should walk you through activating your copy of Windows.

FWIW, you cannot use a full license Key in the Trial - the software itself is time-bombed, and just installing a legal Key doesn't stop the clock.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:58 PM
  • Pretty sure Noel is right, at least that's what I was going to say. If you are worried about your files, you could always run the Windows Transfer Wizard, and reapply the files when you did the clean install. The downfall to that is you will have to reinstall all your programs.
    Sunday, June 03, 2012 11:06 PM
  • Yes, you need to perform a "clean install" using the proper non-trial version Windows 7 Enterprise installation DVD.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, June 03, 2012 11:59 PM