Touch screen keyboard on windows 8 Consumer Preview RRS feed

• Question

• How can i enlarge Touch screen keyboard on windows 8 Consumer Preview.

It was fine on windows 8 developersPreview.

Also i am not able to use the touch keyboard interface if i switch to the desktop version of Internet Explorer.

Pls help ?

• Edited by shu-vro Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:39 PM
    • Moved by Robin_Yang Monday, March 12, 2012 5:13 AM (From:Tailoring your Metro style app for hardware and devices )
    Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

While you are in desktop environment, you can first locate your input control and then tap the Touch Keyboard icon in Taskbar at the bottom of screen.

If this icon is not visible, please press and hold (equal to right-click) Taskbar, tap the context menu item Toolbars and then tap to select the submenu item Touch Keyboard.

For your first question, can you explain more clearly about your intention?

Best wishes,

Robin [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:09 AM
  • I agree, I liked the way that in the Dev Preview you could resize the floating keyboard. Also, the funcationality where you can click in a web form and get the suggestion for the floating keyboard is a must have (just like when using Windows 7 in a touch envrionment). I would go one step forward though. We would also really like to see the up and down arrow keys make a comeback alongside the left and right arrow keys.
    Friday, May 4, 2012 3:12 PM
  • You can get all the arrow keys as well as the tab and esc keys by selecting the full keyboard type.

What I'd really like to see is the sort of drag to edit and select functionality shown on this iPad idea video.

Friday, May 4, 2012 3:45 PM
  • It was due to design changes so that the touch keyboard is not resizable on customer preview, also on desktop mode, you have to click the touch keyboard icon on the taskbar (like Robin_Yang explained) to trigger touch keyboard.

Yiman Huang

Monday, July 30, 2012 6:20 PM