none
Dreamspark - windows 7 - unable to download

Question

• Greetings,
    I have just tried to download via Your Dreamspark premium Windows 7. Everything went okay, 

I login succesfully via my School ID and password and choosed product. It gave me my windows serial number and let me download your .sdx file.

I opened it with your secure download manager, but EVERYTIME, when download is finished it writes: 

"Unpacking error. The product did not unpack correctly. Please download the product again."

(http://imgupload.sk/images/d/l/dlzyy0g5dz1lub0mhlv9.png) 

I have already downloaded this again and again for several times, bud the result is still the same. 

Is there any way how to download windows 7 to my PC or am I forced to download the warez one?
    Product Key to my undownloaded windows: XXX

Hope You can help.

Thanks You and have a nice day :)

• Edited by Trombora Friday, September 21, 2012 8:19 PM
    Friday, September 21, 2012 8:16 PM

Answers

• Yes, i have already seen some tutorials from google, i have downloaded this program, but it gives me an error message (this file is not sdc file or this format is not supported) I found out that this program could open sdc files few years ago but not now, because microsoft s using different sdc coding... or something... i dont understand exactly.... But nevermind, i am using linux now... But i am disappointed that microsoft cannot give me the product i have bought :/

Thanx for trying to help :)

Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:20 PM

All replies

• Do not expect us to recommend warez. Instead contact your school Dreamspark administrator or ask any student for a copy. Alternatively you can ask the program reseller for help or download from

http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/MSDNAA/Rapid_Setup/

Downloader and downloaded crypted file should be in the same folder.

Regards

Milos

Friday, September 21, 2012 8:27 PM
  • Try a dfferent browser like Firefox to download the file to your hard drive.

J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.

Friday, September 21, 2012 11:41 PM
  • Interesting is that the size of file is 2GB. This is a limit of web transfer. Until Vista the size of downloaded files were under 2GB. It took some time to tune the problem, originaly with two files that combines in decryping procedure. In your case there may be several problems:

1. Transfer rate was lower than limiting value

2. There is missing component that allows to transfer full size (ActiveX).

3. You have reached upper limit of download count

Rgds

Milos

Saturday, September 22, 2012 6:10 AM
  • i have downloaded windows from http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/MSDNAA/Rapid_Setup/, but how can i unpack those .scd files?

Thanx

Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:33 PM
  • Yes, i have already seen some tutorials from google, i have downloaded this program, but it gives me an error message (this file is not sdc file or this format is not supported) I found out that this program could open sdc files few years ago but not now, because microsoft s using different sdc coding... or something... i dont understand exactly.... But nevermind, i am using linux now... But i am disappointed that microsoft cannot give me the product i have bought :/

Thanx for trying to help :)

Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:20 PM
  • SO guys, I had this problem myself with the unpacking error yesterday. I remembered looking it up online and led me to you guys but unfortunately nothing helped. 

Background: Using Windows 8, tried to download windows 7 from dreamspark with the downloading manager and failed for the whole night with more than 5 tries. On the same night, I downloaded something else and it worked. I also tried to download the windows 7 on a different laptop, but no luck. Every time the download will reach 99% then drop back to 0% as of it is trying to unpack and 10 min.s later it will state the infamous unpacking error.

Solution: Sorry I don't have one. I woke up next morning and tried again, magically it worked!!! So that's my 2 cents. I am guessing it could've been a server problem, or it could be that they had a corrupted file and they happened to repair the file while I was sleeping (very very unlikely). So good luck to anyone who's still trying because I know how frustrating it can be. Just relax and try again later (like hr.s or days later).

Chaolio

D

Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:14 AM