none
Monitors no longer turn off / screen will not lock in Windows 10 1909 RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded the other day to 1909, and now, my monitors do not turn off after staying idle.  The screen will also not lock.  I have it narrowed down to the wireless keyboard & mouse, and specifically the USB adapter.  When the adapter is plugged in, the system will not go idle; when it is not, the system will go idle.  It is a Wireless Desktop 900 set.

I downloaded MS Mouse and Keyboard Center, and that has not done any good.  I tried downloading new drivers for everything I could think of in Device Manager, but, as usual, they say the best drivers are already installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sunday, November 17, 2019 4:16 PM

All replies

• You should check the Power settings.

Open Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options

Change plan settings

Turn off display. Select from the drop down menu

Click Save changes.

You may also opt for Restore default settings

You may have to run Power troubleshooter.

Update and Security, find the option Troubleshoot and click on the same in the left pane.

Now move to the opposite pane and under Find and Fix other Problems click the option Power. Once you click on the Power option it opens in an expanded form.

Select Run the Troubleshooter under Power. Then allow the Troubleshooter to start for detecting any problems related to the power supply.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Monday, November 18, 2019 12:59 AM
  • Hi,

We are looking forward to your update.

If you think S.Sengupta's answer is helpful, please mark it as a reply, which will help more users get valid information.

Have a nice day=.=

Best regards,

Kiki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:12 AM
  • It did not help, I'm sorry.  The troubleshooter adjusted sleep settings to thirty minutes, which I didn't want, so I switched it back.  Regardless, the problem is somehow due to the wireless receiver, which I mentioned in my first post.  When the receiver is plugged in to any USB port, the system will not turn off monitors; when it is not plugged in, it will.
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:50 PM
  • Hi, 

Suggest you create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. More specific details you could refer to the following link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-does-not-turn-off-when-pc-is-idle/05fb11d3-edbc-455f-ae52-db41b0fc2aaa

Hope can help you. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Kiki

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 10:03 AM
  • Hi,

Guys it have nothing to do with power settings!

All my policies stopped to work (In orginization) I got Windows 10 enterprise.

And automatic Lock screen after 15 minutes stopped to work as well of our screensaver.

1909 have to be fixed asap! 

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:23 AM
  • Are your users using wireless keyboard/mouse?  My problem is somehow linked to the Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse I outlined in my original thread.  When the wireless receiver is not plugged into the computer, the monitors will go to sleep / screen will lock as normal.  It is not a problem with power settings.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 3:52 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry I didn't see the problem you mentioned before is mainly a wireless keyboard and mouse problem.

Please do a test: remove your wireless keyboard and mouse.

If resolved, we recommend that you can contact their supporters. 

If not, please check your Event Viewer and upload your error information.

Have a nice day~

Kiki

Friday, December 6, 2019 9:21 AM