none
Windows 10 1903 update stopped allowing Edge to open web sites RRS feed

• Question

• After updating multiple PC's to Windows 10 1903 microsoft edge no longer displays web sites.  I have found that if I disable the "IP Helper" service websites display correctly.  However these machines need to use IPv6 because we have a Direct Access server setup.  
    Other browsers work fine (Firefox, chrome, Internet Explorer) on this network. Other Windows 10 machines work fine on my network that haven't been upgraded to 1903 (1809 and 1803).  

Found that any trusted sites listed in Internet Explorer will load in Edge if you add the https:// in front of address.

Please advise.

• Edited by Linuxisnice Monday, October 14, 2019 9:57 PM
    Monday, October 14, 2019 6:09 PM

All replies

• I've seen a variant of this, which I haven't nailed down.  On fresh bootup, Edge just 'doesn't work right'.  It won't go to many sites at all, some (ie. Slack) will try to load, but because of an issue with cookies or cache, it won't autologin and won't accept any login credentials.  I reboot, and the problem goes away.  It's not every boot either.  I was assuming it was our third-party AV but maybe it's something in 1903.  I haven't tinkered with services, I'll have to try that IP Helper next time.
    Monday, October 14, 2019 7:06 PM
  • To check edit IP Helper,in cmd type: services.msc in msc scroll to IP Helper/double click/edit.Once thru,scroll thru the other services.Also,as far as IPv6 & IPv4 go,in control-panel/Networking/Change Adapter settings/edit the properties..Also,Internet Options need to be checked,set all to default,in Advanced tab,locate Set to Advanced settings button...
    Monday, October 14, 2019 7:31 PM
  • Andrew E.
    This response you give doesn't help.  It's very unclear as to what you're trying to say here.  Setting IE to default does nothing to fix this. IPv6 is enabled on network adapter. 
    Monday, October 14, 2019 8:01 PM
  • Hello,

If you haven't installed KB4517389 yet, try installing the update and see if that helps. This update provides improvements to security for Microsoft Edge and IE.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 4:56 AM
  • Hi

You can take the following methods:

1.Suggest you closing the firewall to check whether the firewall stopped the edge.

2.Try to change your network from Private to Public.

3.Try to use the new version edge:

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download

Hope can help you.

Have a nice day!

Best regards

Kiki Shi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:46 AM
  • Hi,

I am very happy to help you. Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem?  If you think the answer is helpful, please mark it as a reply, which will help more users get valid information.

Have a nice day=.=

Best regards,

Kiki Shi

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:25 AM
  • This update doesn't fix the issue.
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:32 PM
  • New beta version of edge works but I'm not going to put all of my client's machines on a beta version of Edge.  It worked fine in 1809, 1803, and should still work in 1903 but doesn't.  At this time the only answer I have is to roll back to one of those two versions for now until Microsoft decides to fix their system.
    • Edited by Linuxisnice Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:40 PM
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:34 PM
  • Hi,

It is wise to roll back to one of those two versions and i will feedback this problem later.

Let's look forward to the new 1909 version.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Kiki Shi

Friday, October 18, 2019 7:13 AM
  • Totally not seeing this bug here and I have the entire office on 1903.  What a/v are you using?
    Friday, October 18, 2019 5:41 PM