Upgraded a Dell Latitude e6500 from Vista to Windows 7 Professional. Everytime you try to run Windows Update you receive the following Error Code 8007001f.
1. Microsoft Fix It
2. Checked the drivers no yellow or red flags
3. Reinstalling the Windows Update installer.
4. an numerous other things...
I suggest you try the following:
1. Boot into Clean Boot Mode and try updating again.
2. Run the Microsoft Fixit and see how it works.
Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working
3. Try System Update Readiness tool by referring to
What is the System Update Readiness Tool?.
System File Checker tool and see how it works.
Hope this helps.
TechNet Community Support
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.
Would you like to participate?