none
Server 2019 and RemoteFX USB redirection problems RRS feed

• Question

• Following testing scenario:

- All in one RDS Server (Broker, Host, Licensing and WebAccess)

- Two identical ThinClients with two connected USB audio devices (Lync Phone Edition and USB-Soundcard) - UserA and UserB

- RemoteFX USB redirection enabled 

- no GPOs except RemoteFX are set for testing purposes

So if the first UserA logs in, everything seems fine. RemoteFX devices are redirected and both audio devices are set as default (soundcard as default audio and LPE as default communication device) After UserB logs in, his devices are also redirected and set as default - no problems at all. But at the same time as UserB logs in, the default Audiodevices of UserA are unset. If i set the default audio devices manually for UserA, they are unset for UserB.

I have made the same testing on Server 2016 - no such Problems.

We had the same scenario running in productive enviroment on Server 2012R2 for about 5 years, this issue didnt occure.

Friday, August 23, 2019 9:40 AM

All replies

• HI
    1 “no GPOs except RemoteFX are set for testing purposes”
     1.1 do you mean there is only "RemoteFX USB redirection "policy in your test w2019 rds environment ?
     1.2 can you enter winver in command prompt on Two identical ThinClient and w2019 then look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]
     1.3 can you gpresult /h c:\rds.html on w2019 and share your policy without private information?

2 "Lync Phone Edition and USB-Soundcard"
      can you give the detail model of lync phone and usb soundcard ?
    3 if you only redirect usb-soundcard or Lync Phone Edition from thinclient to w2019 RDSH ,will redirect default device setting issue happen on both usb deive?
    4 did you use roaming profile or mandatory profile or folder redirect or UPD on problematical w2019?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 8:34 AM
  • Hey,

1.1 yes. The Only Policy Set in the whole envireoment is: "Allow RDP redirection of other supported RemoteFX USB devices from this computer" in "Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Connection Client/RemoteFX USB Device Redirection" on the ThiClients. Permissions are set to "Adminstrators and Users".

1.2 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.2791)

1.3 https://data.dieseltechni c.com/public/file/mAx4fMAYS0WN8dxSOgOIdQ/rds.html (remove space)

2. Polycom CX600 und USB Pnp Sound Device (Logilink) (also tested with Aastra 6725ip and Yealink T56A

3. Yes. Tested with one device: This device is Set as both default audio and default communication device and is unset at the time another user logs in.

4. Local Profiles in testing enviroment. But we have roaming Profiles in Production where its wotking with 2012R2

I dont think its a Client, GPO or Device Problem, because its working like a charm with Server 2016 and 2012R2 from the same ThinClients with the Same audio Devices.

rgds

• Edited by edunick Monday, August 26, 2019 9:41 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2019 9:37 AM
  • HI
    5 sorry i can't open below website in internal network or external network .
    https://data.dieseltechnic.com/public/file/mAx4fMAYS0WN8dxSOgOIdQ/rds.html
    6 i am not sure if roaming profile can save default setting for each users about redirect usb device.we can snapshot server 2019 rds server and test roaming profile then check if it can solve the problem ?
    7 did you try to update the input audio driver in device managment for both usb Polycom CX600 und USB Pnp Sound Device ?
    8 is your w2019 rds installed on physical machine ?
      if you install usb Polycom CX600 und USB Pnp Sound Device on w2019 directly and use the latest driver ,then try to reproduce your issue ,will the problem persist ?
    9 did you install Separate graphics card and sound card on your w2019 physical machine ?
    10 we can use below link method to verify your technet forum account so that you can post picture and website link.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5c00b9a9-3afe-4ee9-bbf0-34157716b92a/verify-my-account?forum=reportabug

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 29, 2019 11:06 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Monday, September 2, 2019 7:29 AM
  • Hey,

another try: https://data.dieseltechni c.com/public/file/mAx4fMAYS0WN8dxSOgOIdQ/rds.html

i will update after verification is complete.

6. I have also tried with Server 2019 and roaming profile - same issue. I have also tested with Server 2016 one more time - working with roaming and with local profiles.

7. Ihave installed the driver of the logilink USB Sondcard - makes no difference. For the Polycom CX600 - i think there is no dedicated driver for it. We have always used the windows/windowsupdates drivers.

8. No its a virtual maschine

9. No soundcard and the default VGA graphics card

Monday, September 2, 2019 1:20 PM