none
DAEMON Tools Lite v4.30.3 32/64 Bits (with SPTD 1.56)

Question

• I can't get this program to install.  Same problem with Alcohol 52% and Clone DVD

Whenever I click the install it says it's installing new hardware and requests to restart saying that install will continue after restart.  So I restart and then when the setup starts again, it does the same thing: tries to install the SPTD driver, asks for a restart and says it will continue... but it never does.

I've tried to install using the Administrator account as well as a user account with admin rights, same thing.

Has anyone got any virtual CD apps to work in windows 7? I'd rather mount my CD images than burn them, thank you!
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:28 PM

Answers

• VirtualCloneDrive from Slysoft works perfect for me, and it's freeware.
    • Marked as answer by Cay Spekko Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:46 PM

All replies

• I havent tested it myself but apparently Pismomount works in Windows 7Beta

http://www.pismotechnic.com/pfm/

Apparently alos Ultra ISO and POWER ISO also work but again i havent tested them
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:35 PM
  • VirtualCloneDrive from Slysoft works perfect for me, and it's freeware.
    • Marked as answer by Cay Spekko Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:46 PM
  • Oh thanks.  VirtualConeDrive works fine after a restart.  I didn't realize it but there are many threads on this topic.  Sorry for the repost. (microsoft's search thing sucks)
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:09 PM
  • I use PowerISO, though it is not freeware.  MagicDisc is freeware and may work.
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:22 PM
  • ultra iso is the only one without issues as far image drives. anything that needs to install SPTD wont work
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 5:38 PM