none
Install vista on Virtual PC 2007

Question

• I have Vista Ultimate and I am using it on my PC and it is activated as well.

I would like to install a copy of the same Vista Ultimate on a pirtual PC.

Questions:

• Does Vista Ultimate install on VPC 2007?
      • As I am already running a copy of Vista on my regular PC Can I install it again on my VPC or do I need another license?

Thanks

Jawahar

Thursday, September 20, 2007 4:56 PM

Answers

•  

Hello Javahar,

Of course you can install windows vista on VPC 2007, mainly, installing any OS not dependant on the VM software but it depends on the hardware configuration, if your hardware config. meet the requirements of this OS it will working well, check this picture to be sure that it will work on VPC 2007.

Regarding to 2nd question, I'm not sure from my answer.... but I think the License is for one PC (one processor) so you can use it because you use the same computer ... again I'm not sure.

Regards, 

Saturday, September 22, 2007 11:15 PM

All replies

•  

Hello Javahar,

Of course you can install windows vista on VPC 2007, mainly, installing any OS not dependant on the VM software but it depends on the hardware configuration, if your hardware config. meet the requirements of this OS it will working well, check this picture to be sure that it will work on VPC 2007.

Regarding to 2nd question, I'm not sure from my answer.... but I think the License is for one PC (one processor) so you can use it because you use the same computer ... again I'm not sure.

Regards, 

Saturday, September 22, 2007 11:15 PM
  • I have heard about being able to install up to 4 instances of Vista without violating the licence agreement -- but cannot confirm whether it is true or if it only applies to certain versions of Vista. 

Anyone......

Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:25 AM
  • Yes, I'd be very interested to hear about this.  My reading of the Vista Ultimate EULA (and I totally acknowledge that I am not a lawyer, but I do go over legal docs from time to time!) was that it would be allowed in a virtualization environment (there's a specific additional clause for Vista UItimate at the end).  I've heard people suggesting that this doesn't override the comments in the earlier section and thus you do need a separate licence.

I find the whole thing really annoying if you do need a separate licence!  It was one of the reasons I went for Ultimate over Home Premium.  I have a Media PC which I wanted to use primarily for Media stuff and thus couldn't go installing dev tools and betas etc etc without risking stability issues.  However, I also wanted to do the odd bit of development work and use of Virtual PC would be an ideal solution.  It's not as if I'm actually going to get more use out of the machine than I should - it will be only me doing the dev work - so I don't see why Microsoft would interpret the licence in the tougher manner.

If Vista weren't so expensive, I suppose I could understand them taking their position, but if the tougher interpretation holds and it's priced as it is (esp in the UK where it's much more pricey!) then in order to comply I'd be paying through the nose twice!!!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:51 PM
  •  

I would certainly like to know the trick to doing this . !!

I keep getting "files loading...." and then nothing.

After a few hours of searching the web for answers , I am still unable to get Vista installed on Virtual PC 2007.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:34 PM