none
Vista SP2 fails to install, error trust_e_nosignature (0x800b0100)

Question

• This is Vista Ultimate, 32 bit version,
    Tried the troubleshooting steps.  No help.  Disabled AV program.  No help. 
    Ran system readiness tool.  No help.
    Here is the log.

=================================
    Checking System Update Readiness.
    Binary Version 6.0.6001.22375
    Package Version 5.0
    2009-06-09 18:11

Checking Deployment Packages

Checking Package Manifests and catalogs.
    (f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB955302~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.1.cat  

Checking package watchlist.

Checking component watchlist.

Checking packages.

Checking component store
    (f) CSI Manifest and S256H Do Not Match 0x00000000 WinSxS\Manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.6001.22170_none_76fff8857c6d0501.manifest x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.6001.22170_none_76fff8857c6d0501 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\58f2c6a9d63ff9c69662d2a0b80baad6ccd195afa951e041087c830f7dcd4ace.cat c4bbdf531f2..e268559671a_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.22211_fe5b11b04e14c4bf 
    (f) CSI Manifest and S256H Do Not Match 0x00000000 WinSxS\Manifests\x86_c4bbdf531f202ae95bc83e268559671a_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.22211_none_fe5b11b04e14c4bf.manifest x86_c4bbdf531f202ae95bc83e268559671a_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.22211_none_fe5b11b04e14c4bf 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\58f2c6a9d63ff9c69662d2a0b80baad6ccd195afa951e041087c830f7dcd4ace.cat 300e61c47c8..3fe948336bd_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18098_d93d4d0de34003c7 
    (f) CSI Manifest and S256H Do Not Match 0x00000000 WinSxS\Manifests\x86_300e61c47c8b6e299c2263fe948336bd_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18098_none_d93d4d0de34003c7.manifest x86_300e61c47c8b6e299c2263fe948336bd_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18098_none_d93d4d0de34003c7 
    Summary:
    Seconds executed: 1431
     Found 6 errors
      CSI Manifest and S256H Do Not Match Total Count: 3
      CSI Catalog Corrupt Total Count: 2
      CBS Catalog Corrupt Total Count: 1

Tried to search for help on these errors but nothing significant shows up. 
    I have Vista SP1 installed.  Computer is working reasonably well.  (As well as Vista can work).
    I have a few updates that will not install. 

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:04 PM

All replies

• Can you please share following files with me at sachin.trivedi@live.com?

%windir%\logs\cbs\*.*
    %windir%\WindowsUpdate*.log
    %windir%\inf\setupapi.dev.log
    %windir%\winsxs\poqexec.log (if exists)
    %windir%\winsxs\pending.* (if exists)
    %windir%\Performance\WinSAT\Datastore\*.*
    %windir%\System32\winevt\Logs\application.evtx

Also kindly include link to technet thread so that I can relate it to the issue.

Thanks,
    Sachin

Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:34 AM
  • Sachin
    I sent you the files as you requested. 
    Some were very large >30MB so I had to zip them but even so they were in the 1-2MB range.
    Please advise if you did not get them.
    Thanks.
    Bob
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:13 PM
  • Sachin
    I sent you the files as you requested. 
    Some were very large >30MB so I had to zip them but even so they were in the 1-2MB range.
    Please advise if you did not get them.
    Thanks.
    Bob
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:13 PM
  • I have the same problem, but as there is no public answer to this problem, I psot this message here ... I can start a new thread, but if everyone do this, you'll have millions of threads ;-)
    Can anyone help me as I cannot update my windows anymore?
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:51 PM
  • I also have this issue.  I've tried every permutation of the troubleshooting steps including turning off an uninstalling my firewall and AV software.  Nothing works.

And I cannot install Microsoft.net Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 5:59 PM
  • Hi,
    Please send the logs Sachin mentioned above at satyendra.mishra@live.com.sg. Bob has already sent it, if some one else can also send it, we will have more data to reach the cause.

Thanks,
    Satyendra

Monday, June 29, 2009 3:35 PM
  • To: sachin.trivedi@live.com; satyendra.mishra@live.com.sg
    Subject: Vista SP2 fails to install, error trust_e_nosignature (0x800b0100)
    Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:34:44 +1000

Hi,

I am having similar issue and in addition to it Program and Features is blank on my system.

Regards

PS: All logs sent by mail
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:35 AM
  • I have the same problem ... very disappointed with the way microsoft handle this ...
    ther is basically no custumer support !!!
    I hate the day I spent so much for Vista ultimate ... update do not work and my comp is not even faster  ... no make so many upgrades, more memory new video card etc nothing makes it faster .....
    Monday, July 06, 2009 3:51 PM
  • i have the same problem, i tried also the system update readiness.
    if i try to install the sp2 manually (windows6.0-kb948465-x86.exe) it say that i haven't the sp1, but i have, and in windows update i have only the sp2.
    • Edited by Peppolone Sunday, July 19, 2009 3:59 PM
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 3:53 PM
  • PHEW!  I'm not alone!

Looks like prehaps the Windows team's focus has shifted to 2008 R2 /Win7  already :-)
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:41 AM
  • Ugh, I hate having issues that only lead to dead threads with no solutions!  I have tried all of the solutions offered for the same error with the beta SP1 and everything NC_BOB did and more.  As JohnKinOB mentioned, .net 3.5 also will not install.  And as Peppolone added, even manually downloading SP2 results in an error.  For me the error is:

Error: TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE(0x800b0100)

This error also occurred for some people with SP1 beta...
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:14 PM
  • First off, I don't have a solution, just another set of observations. I have VISTA 64bit with SP1 installed. The error noted in this thread is the same error I get when attempting to install SP2 for VISTA. I've tried most of the steps outlined here in the thread and then contacted MS to get technical support. Additional steps I was instructed to try include...
    Step 1: Run the System Update Readiness Tool
    Step 2: Download Windows Vista SP2 Standalone Installer
    Step 3: Install Windows Vista SP2 in Clean Boot Mode
    Step 4: Do in-place upgrade to repair the corrupted system files using the VISTA product DVD

I've abbreviated this by not showing the instructions to perform these steps. When Steps 1 thru 3 failed to correct the problem, MS tech support had me capture a number of files that would help them determine the state of my machine after each step. In Step 4, MS actually sent me a product DVD with SP1 and asked that I perform an in-place upgrade. From what I could determine this essentially upgrades the current installation and would hopefully replace files that MS felt might be corrupted. However, I was unable to get Step 4 to work as MS PowerShell is installed and prevented the in-place upgrade from working. MS suggested turning off all VISTA features through the control panel, however, for reasons I have not understood yet, I can not see any of the features installed on my machine (the pop up window is blank). This is my present state.

I'm inclined to agree with "endeval1" above in that MS might be more preocuppied bringing up WIN 7 as Tech Support has really slowed on my issue. I've asked MS if the TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE problem will prevent me from upgrading to WIN 7 if I choose to stop attempting to fix VISTA but I have not heard back from them.

I know this probably doesn't help the folks here much, but thought I'd share my observations.
    • Proposed as answer by HitsTraining Saturday, October 10, 2009 11:52 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:56 PM
  • Hi All,

This issue can occur if one of the following conditions is true:

A program on your computer interfered with the installation of the service pack.

There is an inconsistency in the Windows Servicing Store. The Windows Servicing Store is a component that is required to successfully install the service packs.

Resolution 1: Install the stand-alone package for the service pack instead of using Windows Update to install the Service Pack

Note If you already tried to install the stand-alone package for the service pack, and you encountered this problem, skip this resolution and go to Resolution 2.

If you are unsure if you tried to install the stand-alone package for the
    service pack, we recommend that you try the following steps to install the stand-alone package for the service pack. By using the stand-alone package to install the service pack, you eliminate installation issues that might be related to Windows Update. This simplifies the troubleshooting process.

How to obtain the stand-alone package for the service pack

To obtain the service pack, see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as appropriate for your operating system, and then look for the option to install the service pack from the Microsoft Download Center.

935791 How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack

968849 How to obtain the latest service pack for Windows Server 2008

Resolution 2: Run the System Update Readiness Tool

The System Update Readiness Tool checks your computer and tries to resolve certain conditions that could interfere with the installation of updates or other software. However, before you download the tool, you have to determine whether your computer is running a 32-bit version or a 64-bit version of the Windows Vista operating system. If your computer has Windows Vista installed, and you know which version that you are running, go to the "How to download the System Update Readiness Tool" section. If you are unsure about which version your computer has installed, follow these steps:

Click Start .

In the Start Search box, type system , and then click System in the Programs list.

The operating system is displayed as follows:

For a 32-bit version operating system, 32-bit Operating System appears for the system type under System .

For a 64-bit version operating system, 64-bit Operating System appears for the system type under System .

After you determine which version of Windows Vista your computer is running, download the System Update Readiness Tool.

How to download the System Update Readiness Tool

You can download the System Update Readiness Tool from the following Microsoft Download Center Web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads

The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
    Download the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista (KB947821) package now.

Download the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista x64 (KB947821) package now.

Download the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Server 2008 (KB947821) package now.

Download the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Server 2008 x64 (KB947821) package now.

Download the System Update Readiness Tool for Itanium-based Systems (KB947821) package now.

After you download and then run the System Update Readiness Tool, restart your computer. Then, immediately try to install the full download package for the
    service pack that you previously downloaded from the following Microsoft Download Center Web site:

Resolution 3: Close or disable any applications that may be running, restart the computer, and then install the service pack

During installation, one of the most common causes of failure occurs when a third-party application holds open a file or locks a file that the
    service pack installation program has to use. For example, a third-party antivirus or antispyware application may cause this problem. To minimize this possibility, follow these steps:

Close all applications, and then restart your computer.

After your computer has restarted, disable any antivirus or any antispyware applications that may load during the startup process. You can usually disable the application from the notification area. This area is located in the lower-right corner of the computer screen. To disable an application from the notification area, follow these steps:

a.

Right-click the icon of the third-party program.

b.

Click Close , Disable , Exit , or a similar term from the list of options. If these options are not available, you may have to open the application and then close or disable it in the application.

As soon as you close the antivirus or the antispyware application, try to install the full download package for the service pack that you previously downloaded from the following Microsoft Download Center Web site:

After you have completed the service pack installation, enable the antivirus or the antispyware application that you disabled in the previous steps.

Resolution 4: Uninstall any security applications, restart the computer, and then install the service pack

A third-party security application (such as an antivirus application, a firewall, or an antispyware application) may still be causing the installation to fail even after you tried to disable the application. The Windows Vista SP1 installation requires several restarts of the computer, and the security application may be reloading after the first restart. Applications that provide registry repair features may also cause the installation to fail.

You can uninstall your third-party security application before you install the
    service pack. However, you should do this only if you are positive that you can reinstall the application as soon as the installation of the service pack is finished. To reinstall the third-party security application, you will need either the original installation media for the application, or you will need the original download. You may also need a product key to reinstall the third-party security application.

If you are sure that you can reinstall the third-party application, uninstall the application from the
    Programs and Features item in Control Panel. To do this, follow these steps:

Close all applications, and then restart your computer.

After your computer has restarted, click Start .

In the Start Search box, type programs .

Click Programs and Features .

Click the name of the security program that you want to uninstall.

Click Uninstall .

After you uninstall the program, restart the computer.

Try to install the full download package of the service pack that you previously downloaded from the following Microsoft Download Center Web site:

After you have completed the Windows Vista SP1 installation, reinstall the security program that you uninstalled in the previous steps.

If  the above mentioned steps does not resolve the problem, you will have to perform an inplace upgrade using the vista DVD and then install SP2 provided you have installed SP1 prior to installing SP2.

Hope this helps

Regards

Anand

• Proposed as answer by Anand chiniwar Friday, August 14, 2009 12:56 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2009 12:56 AM
  • I have the same problem as you.  Let me know if you find a solution.

bharris@psualum.com
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 9:54 PM
  • I've tried all of the above without success except Resolution 4, which is an unacceptable resolution & is  just as unreasonable as reinstalling Vista, SP1 & then SP2.  Vista SP2 is just another poor programming screwup by Microsoft.  You shouldn't have to jump through these ridiculous hoops to install it.  If that's what it takes, it would be more efficient to buy a new computer (this time with an operating system that works, like Linux!).

bharris@psualum.com
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:02 PM
  • I've tried all of the above except Resolution 4, which is an unreasonable solution--just as unreasonable as having to reinstall Vista, SP1 & then SP2.  At that rate, it would be more efficient to buy a new computer with an operating system that works, like Linux!  Vista SP2 is just another poor Microsoft programming screw-up, and Vista owners shouldn't have to jump through all these ludicrous hoops just to install a service pack.

bharris@psualum.com
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:08 PM
  • I've tried all of the above except Resolution 4, which is an unreasonable solution--just as unreasonable as having to reinstall Vista, SP1 & then SP2.

I tried all proposed resolutions (INCLUDING #4: removal of anti-virus etc...). Nothing worked. Still get the same error.

Windows update keeps telling me it can't search for updates because of this error but still when I force a search it says I ned to install a new version of the update agent which always fails to install. Same with the System Update Readiness Tool.

I've also tried a zillion different registry cleaning and tuning tools to (maybe) try to remove some of the, supposed exiting, errors. None worked. In some cases I even had to revert the changes because Vista didn't work anymore (no internet, no correct IP stack).

Why isn't anyone from Micro$oft dealing with this issue? THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ON THE WEB HAVING THE SAME ISSUES!!!!!!!!

From what I understand after searching and searching the web hundreds of times, this error has been arround since Windows XP SP1 and was already detected for Vista in some of the beta releases!!!!

I hope Windows 7 will be a lot better (as suggested by lots of reviews in magazines). But still, with the errors we are having would we be able to upgrade or would we have to install a fresh copy?????

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 11:51 AM
  • This is how I fixed mine. I had the same issue. When I tried to install SP2 from Windows updates I was getting a TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE error. I downloaded and ran the CheckSUR tool but I still was not able in install SP2 from Windows Updates. I downloaded the standalone version of SP2 and it would not install. Said that I needed to install SP1 first but that was already installed. I tried to uninstall SP1 but it was not listed in my Installed Updates list. I tried to uninstall it with the command line but that would help either.

This is what I did to fix my problem.

Note: You may need to use some common sense and apply the below for YOUR situation.

1. Download and run CheckSUR (System Update Readiness Tool)
    2. Open %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log (mine is below)

Package Version 5.0
    2009-09-08 20:40

Checking packages.
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-VistaServicePack-SysHiper-SP1-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6002.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_10_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_11_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_14_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_15_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_5_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_7_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_8_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB948465_client_1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB948465_client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\VistaSP2-KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.0.18005.mum  

Checking component store
    Summary:
    Seconds executed: 1749
     Found 14 errors
      CBS MUM Missing Total Count: 14

3. Download the update that is blocking the install. In my case above, it was the SP2 update KB948465
    4. Extract the downloaded update to a temp folder using:

Windows6.0-KB948465-X86.exe /x:c:\temp

5. Extract the CAB file (windows6.0-kb948465-X86.cab) to a new folder.
    6. Navigate to %SYSTEMROOT%\Servicing
    7. Take ownership of the Packages folder and add your account to have full control
    8. From your CheckSUR.log, find the files that were missing in the folder that you extracted the CAB file to in step 5 above.
    9. Copy the .MUM and .CAT files to the %SYSTEMROOT%\Servicing\Packages folder
    10. For the file that was missing, use the Update.MUM and Update.CAT files but rename them ie. I needed to rename my Update files to VistaSP2-KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.0.18005.mum and VistaSP2-KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.0.18005.cat
    11. IMPORTANT: Change the ownership of the %SYSTEMROOT%\Servicing\Packages folder back to 'NT Service\TrustedInstaller'
    12. Re-run the SP2 stand-alone update.

Hope that helps out a few of you.

ndk

• Proposed as answer by Nathan.Graham Tuesday, September 08, 2009 9:38 PM
    Tuesday, September 08, 2009 9:38 PM
  • Soooo, does anyone have a solution for normal person who purchased the operating system but is not a computer tech?
    Friday, September 25, 2009 2:20 AM
  • Hi NC_Bob,

Bad news... Vista users will not be able to update to SP2.  Microsoft is aware of the problem and they do not have a solution as of today, Sept. 30, 2009.  Please don't waste any more of your time; I've spent 6 days researching the problem.  Bottom line: no solution. I'm watching the blogs daily waiting for good news.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:58 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback!  We've been working on this problem for about a week now on a couple of our machines.  CheckSUR came back clean.  We gave up and reformatted one of them and SP2 installed just fine.  We'll be checking back to this thread for answers.
    • Proposed as answer by Agamemnon350 Thursday, October 08, 2009 4:48 PM
    Thursday, October 01, 2009 2:38 AM

• No sorry bah clicky freak I clicked the wrong button..... anyway the previous post isn’t the answer but I’m thinking I might have a suggestion as to a probable path for solution....

So I’m watching this Vista performance round table video... and the guys says something that really strikes a chord he says

"Springboard Series Virtual Roundtable: Windows Vista Performance"

18:07 the host says " All drivers for vista have to be digitally signed... or checked for signatures" "It will allow unsigned drivers to load but it still checks for them"

18:36 red shirt dude says "On a lot of systems if you’ve gone through a lot of drive up dates catalog files can accumulate, and suddenly in the boot process your scanning through a lot of catalog files while you’re waiting for the system to continue to load."

OK this is the extent of the subject but since I’ve been beating my head on my desk for several months about this stupid SP2 wont load and I get this trustee no signature message. This statement strikes a chord for me....

So I’m wondering if maybe.... well its related...:

I quote from the original post:

Found 6 errors
      CSI Manifest and S256H Do Not Match Total Count: 3
      CSI Catalog Corrupt Total Count: 2
      CBS Catalog Corrupt Total Count: 1

Now I might just be sounding like a Nub but I know I have loaded multiple unsigned drivers on my system and when i heard this guy say this I began to wonder..... Could there be a corruption in these files, or the unsigned drivers themselves or something similar that’s locking up the SP2 update.....

Thursday, October 08, 2009 5:14 PM
  • I also have this issue.  I've tried every permutation of the troubleshooting steps including turning off an uninstalling my firewall and AV software.  Nothing works.

And I cannot install Microsoft.net Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same problem here :(
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 10:11 AM
  • I've spent 6 days researching the problem.

Three months! :S
     I'm going nuts!
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 7:01 PM
  • I've spent 6 days researching the problem.

Three months! :S
     I'm going nuts!

Please post your CheckSUR.log here and I'll take a look.

**Reply to this post so that I get notified.**
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:48 AM
  • Hi nathdakiwi and anyone willing to help.
    I have WindowsVistax86 SP1 and cannot install SP2. I've been trying to fix this problem since....january. Really frustrating.
    But I think the solution proposed by nathdakiwi might work for me. I've tried all solutions proposed by microsoft. None helped.
    Here is my log:

Binary Version 6.0.6002.22202
    Package Version 6.0
    2009-10-28 02:30

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
    (f)    CBS MUM Corrupt    0x800B0100    servicing\packages\KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~pt-BR~6.0.1.18000.mum    servicing\packages\KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~pt-BR~6.0.1.18000.cat    Package manifest cannot be validated by the corresponding catalog

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\VistaSP1-KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000.mum       

Checking Component Store

Summary:
    Seconds executed: 2607
     Found 2 errors
      CBS MUM Missing Total count: 1
      CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 1

Unavailable repair files:
        servicing\packages\KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~pt-BR~6.0.1.18000.mum
        servicing\packages\VistaSP1-KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000.mum
        servicing\packages\KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~pt-BR~6.0.1.18000.cat
        servicing\packages\VistaSP1-KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18000.cat

I wanted to try and replace the four files listed above if anyone has them and could post them somewhere so that I and others could download them, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance and good luck to you all trying to solve this problem. I bet even Einstein would get a throbbing headache from this. =]

Friday, October 30, 2009 4:07 AM
  • Hello, nathdakiwi

Package Version 5.0
    2009-10-10 15:47

Checking packages.
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB948610~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6001.2123.mum       
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB948610~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6001.2123.mum       
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB948610~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6001.2123.mum       
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB948610~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6001.2123.mum       
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\Package_8_for_KB948610~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6001.2123.mum       
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\Package_for_KB948610_client_0~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6001.2123.mum       
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\Package_for_KB948610_client_1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6001.2123.mum       
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\Package_for_KB948610_client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6001.2123.mum       
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\Package_for_KB948610~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6001.2123.mum       

Checking component store
    Summary:
    Seconds executed: 542
     Found 9 errors
      CBS MUM Missing Total Count: 9
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 12:07 PM
  • Hello nathdakiwi. Here is my log.

Package Version 6.0
    2009-11-01 02:47

Checking Packages
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_132_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_133_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_134_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_177_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_178_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_179_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_181_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_182_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_26_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_27_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_285_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_286_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_28_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_71_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_72_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_73_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_74_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_75_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723_client_0~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723_client_1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723_client_2~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723_client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum  

Checking Component Store
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\87b3c4649dd6a2964490d2daededd73fbb8ebed352d564a63b70bef773abb5d3.cat 0ec71edfcff..422cff9e480_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.22200_3d73c4a44da155e5 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\8fea52d2fda1ce17e652f0c5b101553c1a1970922c9789144b3aa69c41515888.cat 4934751410b..da5e7c8f4b2_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.18091_50d34388c3cc1117 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\6bfb57f063851d9b5ce26d614c0c25bd4fee14b5aaec6fe4ef4e78cbe8c24cd3.cat 16693b71d13..68bc202f37b_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18311_785c7c407e8f9a5c 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\1e62d2c388a4dd7ce260d299295f44596bc54bd4531a72a468db9cea7f4cc657.cat 1574cb04954..5ad4452295f_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.22497_ef257a5ad86baa46 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\1e0f6edb14aa0b648d494a6c0838ebae018712a699ab4ca4b428839a1c89e869.cat a969ed78ff0..b99f8e48f55_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.22200_ddcb8830b0a72079 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\48cab95ec4d526e3907ddeb569771fe0895f113e9a9351a4bc45cbd69b14298d.cat e3a3147a6c4..ad9f0f3fd29_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.22200_65ffb82c9a732790 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\b873c40bcf8b457c357e42bbe0ef3f8720f8a06f37712a738a27425f5dfea803.cat 31a5218124a..c90dd3357f0_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18311_1326e3b53f5cb90f 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\5b37c54e407e9dc7624af82e29624c11b08d6e4926d724c477f347ad8a517e78.cat 3a6ca4ae7d7..362d30452b5_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18311_003918e39db3e44c 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\530e3462a873f16d142766e7f2b153455284c9fdfdbb003c2b058adad58fc52a.cat eab3d75b718..1cd7d272a7e_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.18091_4af06951a0858f5e 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\360d9d0a1c1745f10c823e20da146bdcb83c1f0fa67274f708a0262ebcdc303e.cat 3da07412a1a..f1bda12b8fb_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.18091_555e8081951726fc 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\9882b74337821617f001e32072bc7fbc40f6dcceb7c143685eda7c62f10ee301.cat 4a6e9b6e561..670e1b86ede_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.21108_67af7ee8b892d599 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\68a75959ccf63ff4b37c17771b0ee8b7bc80c4aa9b2b6fa1dac52561e074abee.cat 57c1e946829..109c360340a_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16908_0fcd4bf92a8aa467 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\6b814eeefddc9319bc25f773413a2e21669e70c2aa0ee0832ce1fd9856114d3d.cat 3eca8ca0ea8..f116fafb09f_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.22497_5602bd3d6637c3b0 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\ab97adad30c3f1fab06f9d773c32363847696e5cd72b17879fbb27d2210e4457.cat 10763222141..94a56db6127_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.22497_b70d7cf8acc433e2 

Summary:
    Seconds executed: 4205
     Found 37 errors
      CSI Catalog Corrupt Total count: 14
      CBS MUM Missing Total count: 23

servicing\packages\Package_132_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_133_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_134_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_177_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_178_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_179_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_181_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_182_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_26_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_27_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_285_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_286_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_28_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_71_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_72_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_73_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_74_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_75_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723_client_0~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723_client_1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723_client_2~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723_client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.mum
     servicing\packages\Package_132_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_133_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_134_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_177_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_178_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_179_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_181_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_182_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_26_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_27_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_285_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_286_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_28_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_71_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_72_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_73_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_74_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_75_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723_client_0~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723_client_1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723_client_2~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723_client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat
     servicing\packages\Package_for_KB967723~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.7.cat

(w) Unable to read Event Log 0x00000017 System  

Sunday, November 01, 2009 7:41 PM
  • Thanks for the glimmer of hope!!! I have been fighting this since June. I am up to V5 of the update readiness tool - no joy. Here is my CheckSUR log: ================================= Checking System Update Readiness. Binary Version 6.0.6002.22202 Package Version 6.0 2009-11-03 13:34 Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs (f) CBS Catalog Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.2.6001.784.cat (f) CBS Catalog Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.2.6001.784.cat (f) CBS Catalog Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.2.6001.784.cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store (f) CSI Manifest Missing 0x00000002 x86_d9f9902b9d31ad9ed92b87ff6781b0f8_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.22208_none_4360a2b1adc1bef1.manifest x86_d9f9902b9d31ad9ed92b87ff6781b0f8_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.22208_none_4360a2b1adc1bef1 Summary: Seconds executed: 2006 Found 4 errors CSI Manifest Missing Total count: 1 CBS Catalog Missing Total count: 3 Unavailable repair files: winsxs\manifests\x86_d9f9902b9d31ad9ed92b87ff6781b0f8_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.22208_none_4360a2b1adc1bef1.manifest servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.2.6001.784.mum servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.2.6001.784.mum servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.2.6001.784.mum servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.2.6001.784.cat servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.2.6001.784.cat servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.2.6001.784.cat
    David
    Tuesday, November 03, 2009 11:43 PM
  • i am having the same problem as you probably already know but i was wondering if you could give me some guidance on how to check witch files need replaced and exactly how to go about fixing them. i am an experienced user on computers but your tutorial has me stuck here lol i am 16 and am trying to fix this myself. here is a copy of my checkSUR.log

Package Version 6.0
    2009-11-27 19:52

Checking Packages
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\Package_7_for_KB972145~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.5.mum       
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\Package_for_KB972145_client_1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.5.mum       
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\Package_for_KB972145_client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.5.mum       
    (f)    CBS MUM Missing    0x00000002    servicing\packages\Package_for_KB972145~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.5.mum       

Checking Component Store
    (f)    CSI Catalog Corrupt    0x800B0003    winsxs\Catalogs\3a040031edb7d2bdb762fa57d660d73fe03c1803c698737b909c2465c58bfb57.cat    c8c5a3ef8fd..d56927dc245_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.21125_9e9b8e0b4ae96540   
    (f)    CSI Catalog Corrupt    0x800B0003    winsxs\Catalogs\3ab61065db0a87d34090ed2cf2ca7f72365284b8765b8bb6327c7138441a091b.cat    b5db811d339..1c2fc18b202_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.22520_067c6e3510a6ba1e   
    (f)    CSI Catalog Corrupt    0x800B0003    winsxs\Catalogs\ff0b99168fc06e844884d66e1b2f64a4047aadd61a6fa5749263d2a9bb9c0c07.cat    db2c41888af..e22091595d9_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.21125_7f79d9b502267bb5   
    (f)    CSI Catalog Corrupt    0x800B0003    winsxs\Catalogs\cf71c850082b01517b4cfba2b4c575e80ab33ec2e6b67e8ff35d869e66708e34.cat    983e183036b..4b36b68d505_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18330_37853b82a4c9275f   
    (f)    CSI Catalog Corrupt    0x800B0003    winsxs\Catalogs\377b679c0baf8b40fb90f3fa70aca3bf8df9b61a778367caf62741c0461ca2f3.cat    886edc4abc2..933f19fcead_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.18111_22afca4681b1b074   
    (f)    CSI Catalog Corrupt    0x800B0003    winsxs\Catalogs\05ca6c708580e55a35a11b7eb2ca22027ef96e792760da1c3891777cf87a07a0.cat    9d304e0e7a0..83279b0c05b_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.18111_7f2a378810c03609   
    (f)    CSI Catalog Corrupt    0x800B0003    winsxs\Catalogs\3ad42deaa0cf7b52641c7e7118d9eff7efb18e09e4c341f2ed05ecd46d4b585b.cat    42c80d055e8..db4c211aba3_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.18111_bbf8e72b0f4196fb   

Summary:
    Seconds executed: 1694
     Found 11 errors
      CSI Catalog Corrupt Total count: 7
      CBS MUM Missing Total count: 4

servicing\packages\Package_7_for_KB972145~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.5.mum
        servicing\packages\Package_for_KB972145_client_1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.5.mum
        servicing\packages\Package_for_KB972145_client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.5.mum
        servicing\packages\Package_for_KB972145~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.5.mum
        servicing\packages\Package_7_for_KB972145~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.5.cat
        servicing\packages\Package_for_KB972145_client_1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.5.cat
        servicing\packages\Package_for_KB972145_client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.5.cat
        servicing\packages\Package_for_KB972145~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.5.cat

im not sure what the unavailable repair files means and how to go about fixing them.

thanks,
    Brett
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:37 PM
  • I had this issue and used your steps, it solved my issue. I did have to enable the built-in administrator account and use that to take ownership of the Packages folder. Thanks for the help, I was almost ready to reformat and start over.
    Monday, December 21, 2009 10:01 PM
  • Below is my checkSUR.log.  I don't have reference to a specific package to try to reinstall...this appears to be more of an issue with windows update client.

Package Version 6.0
    2009-12-31 17:03

Checking Packages
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.mum  

Checking Component Store
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\b6204bece70030898f1f19cf61f0fe173e7e0c33880c090e3174b6e93cfb3852.cat microsoft-w...deployment_31bf3856ad364e35_7.4.7600.226_c2c51d03e34cf294 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\d26936642e73b7d74fcf4e9a99ba3c148b2cac7345df00ade3b2cebc6d9d33b7.cat microsoft-w...deployment_31bf3856ad364e35_7.4.7600.226_3f47314b6f3e4f53 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\7f6e5fb058fca24bde50daed7bef30ded473619c66c6f4cfc4aa0b7147e16a01.cat microsoft-w..anguagepack_31bf3856ad364e35_7.4.7600.226_87c0f05279aa5f8d 
    (f) CSI Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0003 winsxs\Catalogs\2ecdea0a49addf0a24be3524837804aa683f8e25cf1e138603314cd037c03984.cat microsoft-w..anguagepack_31bf3856ad364e35_7.4.7600.226_07f591faa9b0a436 

Summary:
    Seconds executed: 2225
     Found 6 errors
      CSI Catalog Corrupt Total count: 4
      CBS MUM Missing Total count: 2

servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.mum
     servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.mum
     servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.cat
     servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.cat

Friday, January 01, 2010 4:24 AM
  • Ey there!!! its amazing!! i visited this thread some months ago, and now i came with hope...but my heart is completeley broken because no body really can explain in simple terms a simple solution for normal people who dont use tech language!!! in few words: there is no solution...and my vista is giving a lot of trouble with the High Definition Audio, no Net frame work updates posible and obviously the F%#" sp2 and 3 are imposible to install

My conclution is that this error is on porpouse so we buy the Windows 7 if wether we like it or not!!! :S
    Friday, January 22, 2010 1:21 AM
  • Hi Folks,

With this error code 0x800b0100 - There is an inconsistency in the Windows Servicing Store and you have two options

1. Run the System Update Readiness Tool KB947821 (this error code is mentioned in that KB article) and SFC /Scannow

2. if both this option fail then you have no other choice then do a inplace upgrade

I am sure inplace upgrade will definetly will fix the problem with inconsistency in Windows servicing store

Antony
    Microsoft
    Friday, February 12, 2010 1:41 AM
  • This is how I fixed mine. I had the same issue. When I tried to install SP2 from Windows updates I was getting a TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE error. I downloaded and ran the CheckSUR tool but I still was not able in install SP2 from Windows Updates. I downloaded the standalone version of SP2 and it would not install. Said that I needed to install SP1 first but that was already installed. I tried to uninstall SP1 but it was not listed in my Installed Updates list. I tried to uninstall it with the command line but that would help either.

Note: You may need to use some common sense and apply the below for YOUR situation.

Package Version 5.0

Checking packages.
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-VistaServicePack-SysHiper-SP1-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.6002.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_10_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_11_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_14_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_15_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_5_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_6_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_7_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_8_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_9_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB948465_client_1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB948465_client~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.mum  
    (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\VistaSP2-KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.0.18005.mum  

Checking component store
    Summary:
     Found 14 errors

3. Download the update that is blocking the install. In my case above, it was the SP2 update KB948465

7. Take ownership of the Packages folder and add your account to have full control
    8. From your CheckSUR.log, find the files that were missing in the folder that you extracted the CAB file to in step 5 above.
    10. For the file that was missing, use the Update.MUM and Update.CAT files but rename them ie. I needed to rename my Update files to VistaSP2-KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.0.18005.mum and VistaSP2-KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.0.18005.cat
    11. IMPORTANT: Change the ownership of the %SYSTEMROOT%\Servicing\Packages folder back to 'NT Service\TrustedInstaller'

ndk

Awesome. This fixed an issue I was having with a HP laptop that downright refused to install Vista SP1. I had first removed Net Framework and reinstalled as it would not update or install properly using the net framework removal tool http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog_Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip?sa=676773226 then re-installing net framework and had re-registered all the dll's for windows update following instructions that I found somewhere on the net and apologies for not giving the correct attribution however as follows:

"General Windows Update Troubleshooting

The following outlines how to stop services pertaining to Windows Update, rename system folders, register related DLL files, and then restart the previously mentioned services. This troubleshooting generally applies to all Windows Update related issues.

Stopping services pertaining to Windows Update

1.     Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.

2.     If you receive a notification from User Account Control simply click Continue.

3.     At the command prompt, type the following, commands and then press ENTER after each command.

net stop wuauserv
            net stop bits

net stop cryptsvc

4.     Please do not close the Command Prompt window.

Renaming folders pertaining to Windows Update

1.     At the command prompt, type the following commands, and then press Enter after each command:

2.     ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 Catroot2.old

3.     ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

Registering DLL’s pertaining to Windows Update

1.     Please copy and paste the following text into a new Notepad document, and save the file as WindowsUpdate.BAT

2.     If saved correctly the icon will change from a Notepad file to BAT file which has two blue cogs as its icon.

-or-

3.     You can manually type each command at the command prompt:

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll /s

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mshtml.dll /s

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msjava.dll /s

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll /s

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msxml.dll /s

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\actxprxy.dll /s

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll /s

regsvr32 wuapi.dll /s

regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll /s

regsvr32 wuaueng.dll /s

regsvr32 wucltui.dll /s

regsvr32 wups2.dll /s

regsvr32 wups.dll /s

regsvr32 wuweb.dll /s

regsvr32 Softpub.dll /s

regsvr32 Mssip32.dll /s

regsvr32 Initpki.dll /s

regsvr32 softpub.dll /s

regsvr32 wintrust.dll /s

regsvr32 initpki.dll /s

regsvr32 dssenh.dll /s

regsvr32 rsaenh.dll /s

regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll /s

regsvr32 sccbase.dll /s

regsvr32 slbcsp.dll /s

regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll /s

regsvr32 Urlmon.dll /s

regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll /s

regsvr32 Msjava.dll /s

regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll /s

regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll /s

regsvr32 Mshtml.dll /s

regsvr32 msxml.dll /s

regsvr32 msxml2.dll /s

regsvr32 msxml3.dll /s

regsvr32 Browseui.dll /s

regsvr32 shell32.dll /s

regsvr32 wuapi.dll /s

regsvr32 wuaueng.dll /s

regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll /s

regsvr32 wucltui.dll /s

regsvr32 wups.dll /s

regsvr32 wuweb.dll /s

regsvr32 jscript.dll /s

regsvr32 atl.dll /s

regsvr32 Mssip32.dll /s

Restarting services pertaining to Windows Update

1.     Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.

2.     If you receive a notification from User Account Control simply click Continue.

3.     At the command prompt, type the following, commands and then press ENTER after each command.

net start wuauserv
            net start bits

net start cryptsvc

exit"

After this Vista SP1 installed from Windows Update.

I had spent about 4 days researching this problem and hope this may help others.

Regards

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:03 AM

Package Version 5.0

Checking packages.

Checking component store
    Summary:
     Found 14 errors

ndk

Awesome. This fixed an issue I was having with a HP laptop that downright refused to install Vista SP1. I had first removed Net Framework and reinstalled as it would not update or install properly using the net framework removal tool http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog_Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip?sa=676773226 then re-installing net framework and had re-registered all the dll's for windows update following instructions that I found somewhere on the net and apologies for not giving the correct attribution however as follows:

"General Windows Update Troubleshooting

The following outlines how to stop services pertaining to Windows Update, rename system folders, register related DLL files, and then restart the previously mentioned services. This troubleshooting generally applies to all Windows Update related issues.

Stopping services pertaining to Windows Update

net stop wuauserv
            net stop bits

net stop cryptsvc

Renaming folders pertaining to Windows Update

1.     At the command prompt, type the following commands, and then press Enter after each command:

2.     ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 Catroot2.old

3.     ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

Registering DLL’s pertaining to Windows Update

1.     Please copy and paste the following text into a new Notepad document, and save the file as WindowsUpdate.BAT

2.     If saved correctly the icon will change from a Notepad file to BAT file which has two blue cogs as its icon.

-or-

3.     You can manually type each command at the command prompt:

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll /s

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mshtml.dll /s

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msjava.dll /s

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll /s

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msxml.dll /s

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\actxprxy.dll /s

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll /s

regsvr32 wuapi.dll /s

regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll /s

regsvr32 wuaueng.dll /s

regsvr32 wucltui.dll /s

regsvr32 wups2.dll /s

regsvr32 wups.dll /s

regsvr32 wuweb.dll /s

regsvr32 Softpub.dll /s

regsvr32 Mssip32.dll /s

regsvr32 Initpki.dll /s

regsvr32 softpub.dll /s

regsvr32 wintrust.dll /s

regsvr32 initpki.dll /s

regsvr32 dssenh.dll /s

regsvr32 rsaenh.dll /s

regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll /s

regsvr32 sccbase.dll /s

regsvr32 slbcsp.dll /s

regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll /s

regsvr32 Urlmon.dll /s

regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll /s

regsvr32 Msjava.dll /s

regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll /s

regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll /s

regsvr32 Mshtml.dll /s

regsvr32 msxml.dll /s

regsvr32 msxml2.dll /s

regsvr32 msxml3.dll /s

regsvr32 Browseui.dll /s

regsvr32 shell32.dll /s

regsvr32 wuapi.dll /s

regsvr32 wuaueng.dll /s

regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll /s

regsvr32 wucltui.dll /s

regsvr32 wups.dll /s

regsvr32 wuweb.dll /s

regsvr32 jscript.dll /s

regsvr32 atl.dll /s

regsvr32 Mssip32.dll /s

Restarting services pertaining to Windows Update

net start wuauserv
            net start bits

net start cryptsvc

exit"

After this Vista SP1 installed from Windows Update.

I had spent about 4 days researching this problem and hope this may help others.

Regards

This solution of yours absolutely works perfectly, thank you. For those that may be intimidated by the difficulty of command line...dont worry, its not that bad if you follow the posters directions
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 12:03 AM
  • This solution worked great for the error when installing Windows 7 SP1.!!! Installed like a champ after fixing the failed update.  In my case it was KB2518867.. Thanks,
    Monday, October 10, 2011 3:19 PM
  • I am still using windows vista     without any problem   but yes I have problems running certain programms which I like to run.

I wanted to run PCSX2   the ps2 emulator on my 10 year old laptop.  

But it didnt run because of some error.   I tried to fix the error but it didnt help.   then I tried to install vista SP2 since I never installed it   because I didnt like some features of SP2.

So now I tried to install it and yes same problems here.    hahaha.

I already bought windows 10 lately so that is going to be my new operating system on my 10 year old laptop.

I stopped buying the latest and the newest pc stuff gpu upgrades etc etc 15 years ago since it is basically useless only for playing the latest games or so.

The thing I did is nothing.  I stick with my old system and all other newer systems still support vista and microsoft word files and stuff.

But for now I have upgraded the CPU and the memmory and perhaps another Seagate hybrid drive firecuda 1Gb   or so  which makes the system more stable and much faster.

Saturday, November 04, 2017 11:49 AM