none
Error code 0xE0000100 during installation (SOLVED)

General discussion

• I'm attempting to upgrade an existing Vista Ultimate 64 installation to Windows 7 RC (64). The installation starts off by downloading a small file and then the following error is received:

Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation.
    Error code 0xE0000100

I'm attempting to install to a Toshiba notebook

Processor AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    ATI Radeon X1250
    4 Gig Ram
    250 GB HD

Something I'm wondering about is there's a statement that says the system needs to stay connected to the internet during the installation. I'm currently connected via WiFi. Would this have any bearing on the problem?

I should add that the EISA configuration is at the first sector of the hard drive and the primary partition starts 1.46 GB into the drive.

Thinking that KB939727 was the issue, I attempted to install the Hotfix. It came back and stated my machine did not need it.

Kinda stumped here folks. I've seen other posts describing the issue, but apparently the individuals who started the question never came back for a final resolution. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit -- I've also turned off the firewall and antivirus software. Still no joy. **banging head on desk**

Edit 2 -- Downloaded and burned the ISO again. Installation finally took.
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 2:24 AM