none
Biztalk SFTp ISsue RRS feed

• Question

• As per current process we are checking in SFTP location but due to the large number of files we are facing suspended instances. How we can configure the receive port so that it will check the SFTP location files from the recent date. so the latest files can process.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 5:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Saravati, I do not know how to check only latest messages. I guess there is no such setting. The easiest thing I can think of is that you should not receive in the sftp folder files you don’t want to receive or filter them based on a file name. But you say you experience suspended messages. So the problem is that your send port is not able to deliver the files to destination, because you open too many connections to the destination server. Then try ordered delivery on the send port. But I’m only guessing, so let know where actually is the problem, with receive or send? Regards
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:01 PM
  • Yes the main issue in the send port. So in the SFTP location we have old files that are already present in the destination location so we are experiencing suspended instances with the error file already exists.

Because of this many suspended instances Biztalk not able to pick the latest message 

Friday, November 8, 2019 6:34 AM
  • If the file already exists then there are two option:

1. Overwrite

2. Gets suspended. 

3. Send files with unique name like add %MessageID% to the name

Depending upon ur business process and application processing you can opt for any

FOr option 2 remember you will have to have something to clean this up

On the receive side, Your SFTP adapter will delete the file after pickign up, so I do not see any issue there why you are looking for latest file thing.

If the file is not allowed to be deleted , then you can use nSopftware SFTP adapter that has this functionality of non deleting receive yet keeping a cache of what has already been downloaded.

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool/

Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:37 PM
    Answerer
  • Pi_xel_rar, with CU6 for BizTalk 2016, you also have the read only functionality

Improvement: Add read-only download options for SFTP adapter in BizTalk server

Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:24 PM
  • Pi_xel_rar, with CU6 for BizTalk 2016, you also have the read only functionality

Improvement: Add read-only download options for SFTP adapter in BizTalk server

Ya, 2016 got that. Thanks.

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool/

Friday, November 15, 2019 8:51 AM
    Answerer
  • we are using Biztalk 2013...

we are not allowed to delete the files from  the source SFTP. 

Friday, November 22, 2019 11:31 AM
  • Can you please help me with the details  Send files with unique name like add %MessageID% to the name how to use that.
    Friday, November 22, 2019 11:42 AM