none
Need help with update error to W10 "WindowsUpdate_80200056" RRS feed

• Question

• Last week I've put my laptop back to basic settings using recovery discs from Lenovo (its a Lenovo Y500).

It originally came with Windows 8 so that was no problem, also putting back W8.1 was also no problem. Then I got a notification that I could get W10 so I waited for that update thingy. It took a few days, so yesterday it was finally my turn and I decided to run it. Yet this morning it had a black screen (yes i let it run over night since it said i didnt have to do anything), so I called my dad - who is IT manager and he told me that if by tonight I had to force reboot it and see what happened. If unlucky, I'd have to start all over again.

Lucky for me though my laptop decided not to want a headache so it put back w8.1 for me. Good boy. Anyway, that is when I got the error for W10. I've already rebooted several times to see if there were new updates (not w10s) that might be the problem, but thats not it. I also already ran the tool on this page http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8 which by the way said it solved it, and it DIDNT. So yea, I'm still stuck. I've tried this multiple times as well, cuz well I thought maybe it would change its mind.. But its not.

I've already googled for this, but since I've got no clue how to fix this, I'm just gonna ask here.

Also, my windows is in dutch. So, I can post screenshots but they're all dutch. So I hope anyone here can help me out :( 

Monday, October 5, 2015 4:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Meta,

Thank you for your question.

By this issue, we suggest you download Media Creation Tool to update to Window 10 by the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install 

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 3:37 AM