Blue Screen on Boot Up RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot boot in either safe or normal mode. When attempting to boot in safe mode, the drivers will load, I wait, the screen goes black & I get the words "safe Mode" in all 4 corners, the cursor moves, but nothing else. Sometimes I simply get a blue screen with a moveable curor. When running a diagnostic I get "boot manager is corrupt or missing". I cannot run system restore. I have the Vista 64 recovery disks from HP , but the computer will not boot from them (the choice to boot from the cd never appears); however, the computer will run the Vista 64 recovery disk I got from the internet, but it cannot find an operating system to repair. I have one 200gb hard drive, however when I run chkdsk, it calls the drive X & says there is only 3 gb there. One more thing, while booting I noticed the opportunity to go into the raid utility by pushing crtl N. I never put raid on my computer & there is no evidence of it in the boot consol. The computer is an HP Pavilion with an AMD Quad core processor runing windows 64, 6gb of ram, 200 gb hard drive. Of course I do not want to do a clean install of windows because I have a great deal on my HD I do not want to loose. Thank you in advance for your help!! 

Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:42 AM

Answers