Mr. J Gregory RRS feed

• Question

• My computer is old, originally programmed with Windows Vista.  I was able to install the Windows 7 upgrade via the CD which was provided with the computer.  I am not able to connect via the activation key.  I don't want to upgrade with new equipment or Windows 10 as I basically use my desktop as a word processor and storage for my music and photos. How can I activate my version of Windows 7?

Thursday, August 13, 2020 8:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you know your Windows 7 product keys

Your product key should be in the confirmation email you received after buying Windows, included with the packaging that came with your PC, or on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached to the back or bottom of your PC.

You could activate Windows 7 using an internet connection or phone.

You may refer to the following link for details:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15083/windows-activate-windows-7-or-8-1

Hope above information can help you.

This "Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

"Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.
    Monday, August 17, 2020 6:49 AM
  • One of the usual ways to activate a new installation is to open a Run window (Windows Logo key+R), type SLUI 4 (note the space) and press Enter. Select your country in the drop-down list, click Next and follow the instructions to call the number.

If the telephone activation then fails, wait for someone to answer. Tell them what has happened and they will probably activate the system for you.

Monday, August 17, 2020 7:13 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 19, 2020 6:01 AM