none
windows 7 and emu 0404 pci soundcard

General discussion

• Hello guys. I just installed the windows 7 and i hit some major problem. I got a E-mu 0404 PCI soundcard (aside from the built-in reltek). The problem i am having is this: sounds works fine for a while, then from unknown reasons, i start hearing extremly distorted sounds on the output. I am using the analog output, haven't yet tested the optical and the others. Sometimes the sound comes back to it's original quality, but after some time fails again. If i disable the soundcard and enable it again works for a amount of time, and then crashes again. I haven't found a trigger for this.

The system:
    CPU: intel core2duo e6400
    Nvidia 8600 GT
    Corsair 4 GB
    E-mu 0404 PCI
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4

The sound drivers are the ones on the emu site for vindows vista. I also mention that those problem appear at random periods of time.

Thx a lot.
    PS: the win 7 build is 7000
    Monday, January 26, 2009 1:55 PM

All replies

• I have exactly the same problem with my EMU 1212 PCI soundcard. I use the same driver as in Vista but in Windows 7 it crashes.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 10:02 AM
  • xnoise, Same here. I can reset sound card like you do or go into 'Sounds' on the Control Panel and switch between 24bit, 44100 Hz and 16bit 44100 Hz (or vice-versa) and it will work again for a while, I even tried setting the priority in task manager to 'high' with not much difference. On the other hand I have Winamp & Foobar2000 setup to use the ASIO drivers and they work fine as it bypasses all the Windows mixer\volume control stuff.

BTW, I found some super cool skins for that awful looking E-MU PatchMix. Click on the tiny URL in my profile. Unpack and run the .exe files and it should put everything in the right place. Feel free to pass it around. They came from a Russian site that's really hard to navagate.

My system:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ (oc'd to 2.98GHz)
    6.144 GB  Corsair XMS2  PC2-6400 (C5)
    Gigabyte M61P-S3  mother board
    VisionTek ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro (PCIe)
    E-mu 0404 PCI

Riva91, Did Win 7 install any sound card drivers? I know it installed it's own ATI video drivers. It works and I haven't messed with it. I installed the latest version on Vista and it was a mess. I had to go back to an earlier version

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 7:22 PM
  • Hi, I'm having the same problem with the EMU 0404 PCI, with the sound swapping between being fine and then distorted (like its being played at a very low bit rate) in Windows 7.  It worked fine on XP.  I have now had to disable the card and use the motherboard sound.  I have emailed EMU, the details and reply are below.  It's not looking hopeful.  Has anyone tried installing some of the older vista drivers for this card?

Operating System: Windows 7

Sound Card: EMU 0404
    Graphics Card: NVidia 8800GTS

Computer Type: Novatech

CPU: Int.Core 2 Duo E6750

RAM: 2GB

BIOS: MSI

Motherboard/Chipset: Nvidia MCP73V

==================== Detailed Problem Description:

Hi, do you have any plans to release a Windows 7 driver for the EMU 0404? I have tried the vista 32bit drivers, but the sound keeps swapping between fine and distorted (as if the bit rate is reduced) and then back to fine again. This isn't an urgent problem for me because I've gone back to using the motherboard onboard sound chipset, but would like to be able to use the EMU 0404 again at some point. Thanks for your support

Colin.

==================== Reply:

Dear Valued E-MU Customer;

We are sorry to inform you that we have no information or support for Windows 7 and E-MU products at this time. Technical Support is not the place where future, new features or product development is discussed.

Nor is it the place where we discuss or disclose upcoming product development or non released features and functions. That is done via marketing, usually through an official press release, and usually done at a trade show event and/or posted on our website. 

** Please retain all previous correspondence when replying to this email.

Regards;

E-MU Systems Inc.

Advanced Technical Support Group

www.emu.com

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 1:45 PM
  • Same prob here. Best is just to wait for EMU to release (beta) drivers. 
    Friday, May 01, 2009 7:38 AM
  • I suppose I should add myself to the list. I couldn't get my EMU 0404 to respond at all after my upgrade. My computer doesn't even recognize that I have the EMU card-I'm only able to use the one on the motherboard. I'm heartbroken as my computer is mainly used for music production and I now I can't use it for that purpose. I tried reinstalling the latest EMU drivers 3 times and I've tried the Windows 7 compatibility troubleshooter 3 times without success. I should add that something similar happened when I upgraded to Vista. It took EMU a long time to come around with Vista drivers. I love my sound card, but those mopes at EMU are driving me into the arms of another manufacturer! Well, I'm also sort of disappointed with Microsoft as I was told by a Microsoft rep (as he handed me the Windows 7 upgrade disc) that everything would be backwards compatible. Evidently, that's not true.............
    Sunday, May 03, 2009 12:27 PM
  • Hi All,
    Just a FYI update here in case anyone is still having problems. Apparently, at least on my end, the EMU drivers (EmuPMX_PCDrv_L6_2_00_11) never were the problem as it cleared up with a later Windows 7 build. I didn't keep notes so I don't remember which build made the difference but the Windows 7 x64 Build 7068 has been working fine. My guess was it was some sort of PCI buss sharing problem. Years ago there was this sound dropout problem and it was was found to be caused by the PCI video card hogging the buss. An old article at http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Oct04/articles/pcnotes.htm may be worth reading for anyone still having problems. BTW I'm assuming everyone here knows the Win 7 Build 7100 RC1 is now available.

I did see and an occasional, barely noticeable, brief video pause on youtube videos almost like the buffer couldn't quite keep up with the playback. The latest ATI driver update cleared this up. ATM Build 7068 is rock solid on my machine. I've installed Build 7100 RC1 to another drive and the  sound card is still working fine. I had to do a new install with this latest build as you can't upgrade an earlier build with this one.

Jiminator160
    FWIW I never had a soundcard problem with Vista that I can remember (hey I'm almost 70 :-).  Vista Ultimate x64  had reached SP1 by the time I installed it on this computer. If I was doing some serious music work I'd likely have a multi boot setup with just my operating system and sound apps on that partition. If your EMU card was working fine on Win XP or Vista I'd reinstall it on another partition or harddrive so I could get back to work. Remember, Windows 7 is still in the testing phase and, AFAIK, the final RTM is still some months away.

FWIW, I've never had a Vista problem on this computer. I suspect people that do have a hardware problem. My motherboard and CPU had been out at least a year when I built this machine and I had researched them both on many forums and newsgroups and found they were not the topic of 'problem' discussions as some other mb's and cpu's. In fact, the comments on this combo, while not on the bleeding edge of performance, were that it was stable, reliable and solid

Cheers,

Operating System: Windows 7 AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
    6.144 GB  Corsair XMS2   PC2-6400 (C5)
    Gigabyte M61P-S3  mother board
    VisionTek ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro (PCIe)
    E-mu 0404 PCI

Saturday, May 09, 2009 1:38 AM
  • I'm having the exact same issue that Jiminator160 is having, only my issue is with the USB MIDI Interface. When I plug it in, Windows 7 recognizes that it is a device that is plugged in, but states that the driver is unsigned. I've installed the software from the CD that came with the Emu 0404, but the problem is still ongoing. I've even tried running the software driver from Emu's website, but am getting an error that says "Setup is unable to detect a supported device on your system"

I never had this problem when running Vista Home Ultimate on my PC prior to upgrading and have even tried uninstalling the drivers from the Device Manager.

Here's my specs:
    Windows 7 RC1 Build 7100
    AMD Turion X2 Dual Core RM-70 (64-bit)
    4 GB RAM

Help please!!! I can't find anything else on this!
    Monday, May 18, 2009 3:06 AM
  • I'm having the exact same problem.  I installed Windows 7 a couple of months ago, and only just noticed because I only use it when I'm making music with a MIDI keyboard... and it's been a while.  Now it seems I have to rollback to Vista in order to do that. :/

Motherboard: GA-G33M-DS2R
    CPU: Intel Core2Duo E8200
    GPU: BFG NVidia GeForce 9800GTX+ OC 512MB
    RAM: Crucial 4GB kit (2GBx2), 240-pin DIMM
    E-MU 0404 PCI

(Was previously using Windows Vista Home Premium (x64) upon which the sound card worked fine for many months.)
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:07 PM
  • I am having a problem also.  Win 7 only works with the Emu in ASIO mode,   the flash player on youtube will not send the soundstream to the Emu.
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009 1:14 PM
  • Hi Everyone, I have all the same problems too.
    I have a 0404.

It took emu months after Vista to sort out Drivers.
    You would have thought, that they know Windows 7 is due and would have been working on the Drivers ALLREADY!

I am not going to hold my breath. What a crappy reply to a support ticket. I have had the same Kind of Assy replys to problems too. With EMU
    I always State "Customer is King"

I am doing Video and Editing Production and Just Invested in an Intensity Pro, I sent them a support Ticket, same Attitude only they didnt even bother to reply.

Sadly happy to sell you, there products, but thats as far as it goes.

I am Running the TechNet Trial of 64bit Windows 7. Apart from the sound Issue with 0404 it seems to be fine.

I have given up on Trying with the EMU 0404 for now, will probably take EMU a year to pull thier finger out.
    So I am using the Built in Sound on the Motherboard its Naff.

I am going to Try using the BlackMagic Intensity Sound, see how they goes, claims it supports HD sound.

With the EMU you want to Run the ASIO with it!

Drivers also work perfect with VISTA 32 & 64 so its not really an Issue to talk about.
    Good luck everyone.

Monday, September 21, 2009 2:13 PM
  • I have the e-mu 1212 sound card and I am using windows 7. I am using the vista drivers for the soundcard and everything is working just fine. I can runs music in media player and everything. Make sure the settings in the patchmix are set to 48000 Internal, then everything should run perfect. I can do what I did in xp with my soundcard in windows 7.

Step 1: Go do e-mu website download the vista drivers and install
    Step 2: Open patchmix
    Step 3: Go to session settings
    Step 4: Make sure internal is set to 48000
    Everything shouls work. I have tested this in both 64bit and the 32bit versions of the operating systems. Hope this helps. However, keep in mind this is with the e-mu 1212. I am assuming the 0404 will have a similar setup.
    Wednesday, October 07, 2009 4:06 AM
  • I have the e-mu 0404 and after I've follow the exact steps that been provided by richarddurand, it's like a magic just happened works perfectly.
    Thank you so much richarddurand!  You are the real deal!  I strongly recommend to take a moment and go through the steps 1-4 that's been given by
    richarddurand and I promise you that it will work like a magic! 
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:28 AM
  • I experienced the exact same issues described above using EMU 0404 USB with Windows 7. Anyhow, setting the SampleRate to 48000 in EMU0404|USB Control Pannel solved this problem!
    Friday, October 23, 2009 2:55 PM
  • Yes it will work thanks! but some applications can change this setting to a other value, so every time you have to set it back to 48000.

Hope there will be a fix for it.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 11:29 AM
  • Owning both devices (0404 USB and a 1212m) there is (almost!) no trouble with my installation of Windows 7 x64 (Pro) .
    Luckily I installed the latest drivers from EMU and had Patchmix set to 48kHz (because that's the way my audiofiles come in at).

Sometimes (about once every two weeks) I get an ugly bluescreen all of a sudden, without any program running, with no specific driver mentioned. So it could be almost anything.

I'd feel a little better with W7 drivers from EMU. Since most EMU devices are still available in many shops, drivers will come someday (I hope).

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 6:50 PM
  • I own an EMU 1820 and I recently switched to Windows 7 Home Premium. Now although the 64 bits vista drivers from EMU installed correctly, I can't get my front panel to light up at all! Which makes my card pretty unusable at the moment.

Now I unplugged it and put it back on, nothing changed. I followed richarddurand advice and when Iintended to switch the patchmix to 48K, I got a blue screen.

Upon rebooting, everything went fine and I can tell from my patchmix that it is set to 48k. My front panel still never lit and my patchmix only shows two 2 strips, namely the Wave 1/2 and ASIO 1/2.

Looking at the physical outputs, I only get PCI Card SPDIF and the 4 PCI Card ADAT (1/2 + 3/4 +5/6 + 7/8)

I have no idea what's going on...

Also something weird I noticed:
    When I play an mp3 file in order to trouble shoot what's going on with my sound, and if I look at the patchmix dsp, here is what happens:

1. If my Volume Mixer in Windows 7 is set to the HD Audio Device, I hear sound from the speakers plugged to the line out of the onboard sound card and obviously nothing happens in the Patch Mix DSP

2. I switch Volume Mixer in Windows 7 to the EMU, I still hear the same sound from the speakers plugged to the line out of the onboard sound card and obviously nothing happens in the Patch Mix DSP

and from that point on, if I unplug the speakers from the line out (with the Volume mixer still set to EMU) I see the music input in the PatchMix DSP (in Main Mix only, nothing in Wave 1/2) and of course, I can't hear an music since my front panel is not even lit.

The E-MU DSP drivers that got installed read driver version 6.0.1.1244 from March 20th 2008, although I downloaded the files from the E-MU website and it reads:
    Drivers / Firmware
    E-MU Digital Audio System Driver 2.1   (Install drivers first before installing PatchMix DSP application)
    Date: 5/16/2008
    Size: 34.2 MB
    This driver package contains enhancements and fixes to improve the performance of your E-MU Digital Audio System / Emulator X Desktop Sampling System / Proteus X Desktop Sound Module.

V2.1 only supports Windows Vista 32-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit as well as Windows XP 32-bit and Windows XP 64-bit versions.

and

Applications
    E-MU® PatchMix DSP Application V2.1
    Date: 5/16/2008
    Size: 29.9 MB
    This application update contains enhancements and fixes to improve the performance of your E-MU Digital Audio System / Emulator X Desktop Sampling System / Proteus X Desktop Sound Module.

V2.1 only supports Windows Vista 32-bit and Windows Vista 64-bit as well as Windows XP 32-bit and Windows XP 64-bit versions.

Obviously it seems the "only supports Vista 32 bits and Vista 64 bits" is meant to tell us that there's no actual suport (yet I hope) for Windows 7.

:-(

Sunday, November 08, 2009 8:08 PM
  • All of the cards are the same. The configuration is the difference weather you have a 1616 box or 1616m 0r the 1820 box or 1620n or what ever.

The E-MU Professional sound cards and mixers are designed to operate at ranges from 44.1 to 192
    Of coarse it will change the quality but 48 is already better quality than CD and I really don't know ANY non pro or semi professionals who can hear the difference in their own recordings.

Opening up with 2 strips is also a default. Create the strips you need and save it in your sessions as Default. Make sure you identify it with your own customized name to find it again. I saved mine as E MU 1820 Default

Yes I too had the same issues. Not when I was running RC because I had been working on a 48k project but when I installed the final version of 7 I had the same trouble. Switching to 48 fixed it. The only time it can change is if you open some project that was saved in a different number. For example I use Cake Walk Sonar 8.5 Producer Edition. What ever I save a project in as far as samples, That is how Patch mix will open.  But it is very easy to switch back. Thanks to the guy (or gal) who figured out the 48k sample rate.

Latest EMU Drivers and patchmix. Sign up for their newsletter for updates.
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 4:20 PM
  • Well since I now have the RTM version of Windows 7 64bit and I downloaded the Drivers from EMU, I have had No problems what so ever, I dont know if EMU updated the Drivers, Knowing them, Probably Not. 

I went to follow the instructions in this link and found it was already set at the higher 48K from a fresh Install.

One thing I can say about the 0404 is the sound is Much Much better than the ____ onboard sound or even the sound from my Black Magic Intensity Pro card.

Its so nice to hear Quality again.

Still a shame that having paid for Win7 expecting it to work well, was simply too optimistic, Microsoft forget the Kitchen sink, Get the OS to be reliable!
    It is a good OS though But fed up of being a technician to keep it running all the time. 
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 11:06 PM
  • F#CK EMU and their SHITTY support. They practically blew off support for Vista completely when finally they decided they would have to do something...but only after Microsoft decided it was truly a downward spiraling OS. Seriously? I just fucked up and bought a USB EMU 0404 thinking I would be able to use it with my laptop. I still have faith that it will work and only because it's not running in the PCI slot. I know that the drivers are a little different for that, but as for the support they offer...If this USB 0404 doesn't work I may pay the restocking fee on that one and buy something different and make sure it has a WINDOWS 7 compatability sticker on it. As long as it has low latency ASIO and a decent sound engine. Soundblaster might even have something like that out. Hmmmm....I hear the sound of my front door closing and me driving to the store right now EMU!  GET IT TOGETHER!
    Friday, December 18, 2009 5:59 PM
  • I just wanted to add another tip. If you wan't to keep the sample rate at 44000hz ehixh is what I compose music at, you can also just go into the control panel in the hardwarwe and sound settings there is an option to change from 48000 to 44000. By default it is set to 48000 which is ehy many of you will have problems with the emu soundcard at the beginning. Change it to 44000 and you don't have to touch your emu settings. Hope that helps.
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 9:19 PM
  • One year has passed since the first post in this thread, Windows 7 was officially released months ago, and Creative/E-MU still haven't produced a Windows7 driver.  What's more, their tech support staff are pleading ignorance and STILL suggesting the Vista drivers will work.  I rolled back to Vista x64 back in August 2009 because I desperately had to use this card for audio recording, but was forced to upgrade to Windows 7 x64 again this month for other reasons.  I have even upgraded my motherboard, CPU and RAM, but it didn't make any difference... so this doesn't appear to be the result of some unique hardware configuration.  None of the fixes above work for me.  So, I'm finally dumping my E-MU 0404 PCI card and paying more money for something better.

You think I'll be choosing a Creative/E-MU product after one year of audio recording ____ at their hands?  Ha!  I may make stupid decisions now and then but I wasn't dropped on my head at birth.

Gotta love the brand loyalty Creative attracts with their refusal to develop drivers for new Operating Systems, eh?  We've been here before during the transition from XP to Vista of course:

http://forums.tweakguides.com/showthread.php?t=7529
    http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/Message-to-Daniel-K/m-p/474605

I give up.  Just 13 months after I bought it, my E-MU 0404 is going into the bin.  What a huge success story for Creative/E-MU hardware.

Not.
    Tuesday, January 05, 2010 11:24 AM
  • I had the same issue as yous said from XP to Vista, But I did get a reply a Very Rude one I might Add. Nit picking over comments I hade made, I didnt bother replying to clearly some Jumped up Technition.

As above the issues seem to have gone away with the 0404. All the Issues I had were in the Beta download, I have the RTM Win7 64, with no problems.

Not that EMU would tell you, Have you tried downloading the Latest Drivers, File sizes seem to have changed, I maybe wrong, but as I said No problems now.

More than I can say with Win7 Updates that Blue Screen the OS.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 6:12 PM
  • Well I've tried all day to download the drivers but the EMU site is down. I call them and their support # tells me it has been discontinued and I should go to the web site!!!
    Is EMU still in operation?
    Friday, January 08, 2010 9:03 PM
  • Still down ....

Any recommendations for an alternative with similar features ?

1. >48k recording
    2. ASIO
    3. ability for concurrent playback/record signal routing (i.e. playback from one source & record to another)
    4. Low(ish) cost

Anyone tried the ESI Maya44 ?

http://www.esi-audio.com/products/maya44/
    Saturday, January 09, 2010 8:44 AM
  • I don't know if somebody can help me... I was running Windows 7 with an E-MU 0404, working very well.
    I got another sound card, a PCI Express Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium but my PCI-E slot wasn't working
    (I also tried without the E-MU 0404, without success).

Then I changed for a more recent computer which the PCI-E slot was working. Anyways, my new sound
    card is no longer a problem but the E-MU 0404 doesn't want to work. Does the 2 cards have interference?
    or I didn't install the good driver for my 0404?

Thanks

Saturday, January 09, 2010 5:02 PM
  • Well ESI seems not to be well distributed in the US. I found no online site to buy although they do have a US distributor.
    EMU is still down...
    Saturday, January 09, 2010 5:32 PM
  • I don't understand why you guys have problems with the 0404, it works very well without another card.
    Saturday, January 09, 2010 5:34 PM
  • EMU website's back

Just double-checked everything and re-downloaded.

Are these the right versions for people who have the 0404 working on W7 with no issues ?   Could you check the filenames and report back ?

Website says driver version & PatchMix are both v2.1, yet the driver files are V2_00, and PatchMix 2_11.

Monday, January 11, 2010 1:59 PM
  • I should add - I did have stability issues due to bad blocks on my system hard disc.

Rebuilt everything and it seems much better - there's still some 32bit software that doesn't integrate with EMU 0404, but it seems stable now.

I would appreciate if anyone would double check their versions of the Driver & PatchMix on W7 as in the above post.
    Monday, January 11, 2010 7:00 PM
  • I had installed Win 7 RTM 64bit on new hardware + EMU 0404 PCI and installed the latest application/drivers EmuPMX_PCApp_L6_2_10_00.exe / Emu_PMX_PCDrv_L62_00_11.exe and was running fine for a few days. Today I installed firefox plus various plugins including the shockwave plugin. After several hours I came back to my pc and started playing a track in VLC and soon it started to distort then I got a BSOD 'A clock interrupt was not recieved on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval.' It shut down and I would get this BSOD on every boot unless it was safemode. A search on internet suggested it was a PCI device issue that wasn't properly supported and I found this page.

With it removed from computer and soft/drivers uninstalled it can boot properly again but now my sound is just the onboard plus I dont have right cable to go to my amp so now stuck in mono for time being :( There was also an error on windows load about a file missing that was found to be linked to the adobe updater app, which seems to be a problem with the shockwave plugin http://forums.adobe.com/thread/477905

So I don't know if I should accept that it was going to happen eventually from the 0404 not being properly supported by win7 64bit or try to remove recent software and do a windows recovery to roll back to when it was working.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:13 AM
  • Hi All,

I have read this thread with a lot of interest this evening. I have been working with the EMU 1616M solution (PCI card) and getting a severe stuttering problem whenever audio is effectively 'sent to Windows'. By that I mean anything going to an application via the 'WAVE L / R - HOST' send.

Most audio work I do uses ASIO which works perfectly but I use Skype so I have to send the audio from the XLR mic to Skype.

This problem has bugged me for over a year now. I have tried EVERYTHING. I have been in communication with E-MU for months (15 mails or more) and they are useless. Don't waste your time because, believe me, it will be a waste of time. Since this problem began I have changed ALL my hardware (for other reasons) and the same problem exists.

All I can relate it to is a memory issue which fixes it 100% for me but is simply not practical.

2GB Installed - Works perfectly
    4GB Installed - Intermittently glitchy (sometimes works fine)
    6GB Installed - Permanently stuttering or no audio sent to Windows at all

Try it. It never fails for me. Completely unacceptable. I have mentioned this to E-MU. Response was something like, "sent for testing".

By the way, when I say stuttering, the waveform essential looks as if it has 2/3 missing with distortion. E.g 0.1 seconds of audio and then 0.2 of silence etc.

Any thoughts? Nice to know I'm not alone. I now use a Centrance Micport Pro for Skype. It's not ideal as it's not integrated with ASIO but it works!

Torsten.
    Monday, January 18, 2010 7:15 PM
  • Here is what I found:

For session settings- I/O, I have been having S/PDIF output as AES/EBU. When I switched it to S/PDIF, things have improved for me.

I am using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Also, you should look into the Asus Xonar series.
    Monday, January 25, 2010 5:31 PM
  • I have 0404 PCI and Windows 7 (7600). Every 1 or 2 days i get a distorted sound coming out of the sound card for a while. I fix it with switching to 48 and back to 44khz, or in mentioned Patchmix-session settings to S/PDIF external source.

However, once there was even more serious problem - sound card driver got me a blue screen. Then the same BS after every restart of pc. This ended only after removing the card from pc, uninstall of the driver and back again.

So far the card works with this bug first mentioned. I'm waiting for the new release of the driver though.

E-MU on their site:

"With regard to Windows 7 drivers and support for E-MU products:

We currently do not have specific Windows 7 support or a Windows 7 driver release for E-MU products at this time. Our preliminary testing shows that our Vista drivers when used with Windows 7 perform as well as they do under Windows Vista for most users. You can download and install our Windows Vista drivers from our website. We are keeping a log of known issues specific to Windows 7. We do not have an official release date, but are tracking the issues closely and will notify our users via our newsletter and website as soon as we commit to a new release."
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 2:02 PM
  • Update: for about a week I've been using motherboard MSI 770-C45 with amd phenom x2, 2 gb ram, win7 x64 ultimate build 7600. EMU 0404 PCI seems to work fine so far...
    Monday, February 08, 2010 8:24 AM
  • Hello everyone!!!!

I spend a lot of time broking my head about this problem. I looking for all internets but nothing help me.

My system is: Intel Q-8200, 2Gb memory, Asus P5KPL/1600, GF-8600 and EMU-0404.

I had test many players, the unique player that played well is the MultiStream ASIO player. But it is very simple player.

Today, I’m testing jetAudio and I discovery in a Panel Control - Hardware and Sound a configuration about bitrates and frequency of work that the sound card have use.

Audio Manager - Sound - Speaker Proprieties - Advanced. So, there are have many configurations and we have to use 16 bits, 44100Hz. Well, I'm testing with some players, like Winamp and they are playing very well.

I hope help you with this information.

Sorry my English, I'm Brazilian learning this language.

Sunday, March 21, 2010 8:21 PM
  • Hello everyone!!!!

I spend a lot of time broking my head about this problem. I looking for all internets but nothing help me.

My system is: Intel Q-8200, 2Gb memory, Asus P5KPL/1600, GF-8600 and EMU-0404.

I had test many players, the unique player that played well is the MultiStream ASIO player. But it is very simple player.

Today, I’m testing jetAudio and I discovery in a Panel Control - Hardware and Sound a configuration about bitrates and frequency of work that the sound card have use.

Audio Manager - Sound - Speaker Proprieties - Advanced. So, there are have many configurations and we have to use 16 bits, 44100Hz. Well, I'm testing with some players, like Winamp and they are playing very well.

I hope help you with this information.

Sorry my English, I'm Brazilian learning this language.

I have problems too. I finally gave up waiting for new EMU drivers and now use a TASCAM 144 (Which also had issues for a long time) but they finally released new drivers and it works flawless now on Windows 7. I do use ASIO on both. TASCAM works now.

Monday, April 26, 2010 10:32 PM
  • Actually,E-MU Announces New Beta XP/Vista/Windows 7 PCI/PCIe Beta Driver

Applies to: 0404 PCI/PCIe, 1212M PCI/PCIe, 1616/1616M PCI/PCIe

http://connect.creativelabs.com/emu/Lists/Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=8&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fconnect.creativelabs.com%2Femu%2Fdefault.aspx

download page: http://connect.creativelabs.com/emu/default.aspx

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 4:08 PM
  • I'm looking at picking up an Emu 1212M shortly, they seem like good cards but I'm alarmed by the driver problems you guys have been having. Is it safe to buy one of these cards to use on Win 7 x64 these days? Do these beta drivers work?

Thanks,

Matt

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:57 PM
  • Hello everybody....

dont hesitate to buy any EMU Soundhardware everything is working fine since windows 7 appeared.

I am using windows 7/64pro with it on an Asus AMD k10 board...running a ATHLONII x2 250
    among other DVB(usb)Hardware and even a Asus Xonar DX card (just for DTS in DVBviewer) etc....!

The best thing to teach windows 7 having an EMU card is NOT to use it for windows:

I did not disable OnboardSound (realtekHD,you cannot use analog out from this-terrible noisefloor)
    ...told windows soundmanager to use its digital out as standard output and plugged it into digital in of the EMU  (no matter if optical/coax) and added a stereo strip in patchmix for this (Patchmix running in 96k/realtek also-if you want you can do this in other resolutions, but in case of EMU cards it is doing its work@its best (if you do not need these poor DSP plugs)

Windows wont ever make any difficulties because it never gets directly in contact with the EMU hardware...the realtek thing passes soundstuff from flash or any browser software digitaly to DA conversion of the EMU and so you can easily tell all your customizable appz independantly what kind of driver to use on the EMU i.e. Asio for Ableton / Wasabi in foobar...Wave Out in DVBviewer and so on or else.
    Another good thing is: You wont ever get this change locked internal clock/session problem again...because the onboard HD codec is capable of realtime conversion/changing too..

Currently I am running beta drivers from EMU and I never had any bad sound problem at all (look @ problems above must have been within RC testing-period because of the posting-dates)

But i will downgrade to 2.1 alpha because since update I am getting a very bad digital peak noise when I am muting digital onboard and/or xonar dx sound via remote control. And I did not notice any other changes..so i think EMU only added some PCIe adressing code and maybe tries to signalize that there is someone out there taking care of the customers...
    But if so i wish they add 24/96 support for DSPs because i love the sound of the builtin EQs-but i dont need, because i got very nice british ones on analog side too  :-)

i hope this helps some disappointed and/or suspicious audiophil windows 7 users here...

windows 7 is the best deal/coup microsoft ever made. It is the only OS deserving the real MacAward
    because it uses all the highend technologies MacOS used between !1984! and when it started running native..
    (i was a pro mcintosh user since 1986 and i still love some of my old stuff like my plus...but APPLE nowadays turns out to be the real media-nazis selling ____ hardware...slow and uncustomizable software controlling dumb users ....the only way to use these Dieter Rams Design plagiats without becomming a ____ is to run Windows 7 on it :-)

Greatings
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 6:22 AM
  • Still problems here with the new Beta driver. I'm using the analogue output, followed all of the instructions here and at other fora. The sound sometimes *crashes*, outputting only rubbish from thereon. In addition, since the new drivers, I sometimes get a new problem where the sound just stops working completely. I have to reinstall the driver to get it to work again (see http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-hardware/4489-suddenly-lost-all-sound.html). I'm still very disappointed with my purchase and do not recommend buying an EMU soundcard until they've sorted this out.
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 8:36 PM
  • I have gotta say thanks to Richard Durand, not only a top producer, but also a saviour for other EMU users. Am using a 0404PCI, have had this issue for the last week since ugrading to Win 7 64, had sound through the ASIO (DAW) but nothing from mp3, flash etc... . Changed my session sample rate to 48khz and it worked.

Nice one Richard!

Saturday, August 07, 2010 12:41 AM
  • I got the same card 404 E-MU  my just stop like right in the middle of production like why me. First of all I always had this problem drivers!!!!!!!!!! For every New OS a vista what damn joke Beta Beta Beta driver what? now the same in win 7 .
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:31 AM
  • Same 404 E-MU card.  Same issue.  I think this might actually be an MS issue, not with E-MU's driver.  Could be wrong.  The reason, multiple people with multiple sound cards are having the same issue.  I've noticed with mine, it's application specific.  If I close the program that is sounding distorted and open it again, the sound will be restored.

My control panel is matching my patch mixer (48K).  From other forums I've poked around at, it seems that most of the issues are with 'professional' cards.  I don't know all the details, but I wonder if there's something about window's new sound architecture and trying to get ASIO working.  Ironically, any time I'm creating a track, I do not get distortion in my apps (Reaper, Fruity Loops), although, FL does like to take a dump on me randomly.  Reaper has been stable.

I wish there was a trigger for it, but it's just random.

Monday, February 28, 2011 12:54 AM
  • I got this link on Creative EMU support. it saved my day.(and working nights)

http://connect.creativelabs.com/emu/Files/EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA.zip

Now my 1212m works flawlessly on W7.

It should work on all creative pci cards.

Good luck 

hope this helped yall

Sunday, March 06, 2011 10:31 PM
  • Hi guys.   I'm new here so forgive me if I'm doing this wrong.  Since EMU has ZERO customer support.  And according to their website STILL does not have any drivers for Windows seven, is there anyone here who might be willing to help walk me through getting  my emu 0404 to work in my new computer?  I will readily admit that I am not very skilled or knowledgeable at all regarding the soundcard even though I've owned it and been using it to record music for a few years.  My previous machine was XP and I had a setup on the EMU patchmix thingy that worked for me,  but god only knows how I got it set up or how I might re-create it. 

Right now it looks like I have everything set up and installed correctly.  But I cannot get even the most rudimentary functions to work! No sound comes out When I play music (online or just windows music player) There is no activity at all on the peak meters on my "wave" strip.  If I can't even get past this "first step"  I Cannot even imagine what sort of nighmares are in store for me with regards to recording 'n stuff.

The worst part is,  I don't even know if it's a driver problem, or something with windows 7 , or something having to do with how I have the patchmix set up ! (I think I've got it on the original defaults)

Finally,  out of sheer desperation, I went back in and re-enabled the onboard soundcard just to see if I could get it to work.  It works just fine!

If I have posted this in the wrong place, or incorrectly,  by all means tell me, and let me know the proper procedure!

Thank you!    Woofie

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:02 AM
  • Hello

I have a 1212m card ,win7 64bit Intel Motherboard ,8G Ram.  48hz  16bit  playback and record.

I use asio software like Audition and Nuendo to record, foobar2000 playbak.

everything is fine excpt "anything going to an application via the 'WAVE L / R - HOST' send."  said by "TDCat"

I tried "EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA"  and "EmuPMX_PCDrv_L6_2_00_11" ,When I reboot ,WDM record software just like skype work well ,but half an hour ago,stuttering problem is coming.It like "The record Buffer" was filled by WAV stream and not emptied , if "The record Buffer" is exist.

I wish EMU can fix it , just wish.

Monday, August 08, 2011 9:04 AM