none
IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller

Question

• i have a gateway fx6800 that ive put 2 seagate 7200.12 1tb drives in and when i try to install windows 7 home premium 64 bit, it keeps popping the message requiring me to download IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller. i have no idea where to get this. ive tried looking at seagate, gateway, microsoft, and i cant seem to find it. any help would be greatly appreciated
    Saturday, March 05, 2011 7:21 AM

Answers

• The Windows 7 installer needs its own drivers. It will not bring them over from Vista.

If your SATA controller was set to Legacy IDE, Windows 7 has drivers for that on the installation disk. For AHCI you need the F6 install driver on a USB stick or CD/DVD.

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:46 AM
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 11:49 AM

All replies

• The Gateway FX6800 has an Intel X58 Express chipset.

You need the F6 Install driver from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=%22x58%22#.

Saturday, March 05, 2011 8:09 AM
  • the weird thing is, my computer will run currently with vista, and shows that it has the drivers already, but when i start up the install wizard for windows 7, vista is telling the installer that i dont have the driver. is there any way around this or do i need to do a fresh install to get it to work?
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 11:37 AM
  • The Windows 7 installer needs its own drivers. It will not bring them over from Vista.

If your SATA controller was set to Legacy IDE, Windows 7 has drivers for that on the installation disk. For AHCI you need the F6 install driver on a USB stick or CD/DVD.

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:46 AM
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 11:49 AM
  • Dear D

Am a bit clearer the netbook I have recognises all the other plug and play devices except, the brand new samsung dvdrw, I have like you recognised that installing device drivers is pointless and the the IDE Device Driver on my brand new win7 netbook is the problem, can you help microsoft dont seem bothered, and it didnt come with installation disks as it has no internal dvdrw??

Kind Regards

Bruce

Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:40 PM