none
I have been trying to install IE 11 on a PC in our office for the last several hours. It fails every time RRS feed

• Question

• System is Windows 7 Pro, I have been trying to install IE 11 on a PC in our office for the last several hours. It fails every time with a code 9C59.  

I did other updates ok, but this will not install. Did others without this one included and they all worked. The system is on IE 8 and I need a newer version to run a program. I followed all the instructions I found on MS websites but none work.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:11 PM

All replies

• See https://www.wintips.org/fix-error-code-9c59-insternet-explorer-installation-failed/ 

Try Solution 3 with the offline installer.

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:44 PM
  • Hi,

Please make sure you have installed Service pack 1 (SP1) .

Make sure that you have prerequisite updates installed, we can reference Prerequisite updates for Internet Explorer 11 to obtain the prerequisite updates for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7. Additionally, you may review the IE11_main.log file under the Windows folder (for example, C:\Windows) to find out what prerequisite update is not installed correctly.

Make sure that your video card driver is compatible.

Please try to install Internet Explorer 11 using an Internet Explorer 11 Offline installer package.

If the issue still persists, please try to delete the SoftwareDistribution folder then re-install IE11:

1. Simultaneously press Windows key + R to open run command box.

2. In run command box, type: services.msc and press Enter.

3. Search for Windows Update service, then right click on it and select Stop.

4. Navigate to "C:Windows"folder, delete (or Rename e.g. to "SoftwareDistributionOLD") the "SoftwareDistribution" folder.

5. Restart your computer and then try to install Internet Explorer.

Hope it could be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:28 AM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:15 PM