none
Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 problem (known Bcc: issue)

Question

• Ever since getting a new PC with Windows 7 (64-bit) and installing my copy of Office 2003, I have been having problems with Outlook.  The issue is that when I receive an HTML message from a sender distributing the email using the Bcc: line, the message comes in corrupted.  This is a known issue and there is a hotfix for it (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/951982?p=1).  Forum postings that I have seen from those installing the hotfix indicate it fixed the problem.  Unfortunately, I cannot install it on Windows 7 - when I double click on the OUTLOOK.msp file as directed by the README, I get a popup that says "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program.  Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch".  I'm guessing, but I wonder if the patch is looking in C:\Program Files when Office is actually installed in C:\Program Files (x86).  Is there any way to get this patch installed or is there a version of the patch that works with Windows 7?

Thanks,

Dave

Friday, April 09, 2010 5:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I do not think that its the problem with patch trying to find the installed file. Win7 will detect as x86 bit and direct to the appropriate folders.

Try to re-install Outlook and apply the patch.

C# Fan! ananda84(at)gmail(dot)com
    Monday, May 10, 2010 11:35 AM
  • Anyone have any luck trying to install this patch on AMD64 systems?
    Friday, June 11, 2010 2:52 PM