none
Show windows side by side problem RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to "show windows side by side" or "show windows stacked" in Windows 10 there appears to be a ghost window taking additional space. If I am trying to display two windows each window gets one-third of the screen as if three windows were being displayed.

This worked correctly in Windows 8.1 before upgrading to Windows 10. I am using a portable with a 12.5" screen with 1366 x 768 resolution.

What is the background application associated with this ghost screen?

Sunday, August 9, 2015 5:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is designed by default.

If you have any concern about this new display way for show Windows side by side, please post your idea in Windows Feedback.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 10, 2015 4:22 PM
    Owner
  • Designed for what purpose. I have 2 windows on the desktop and I want them side by side the way it always worked. What is with the extra "invisible" windows? It wastes valuable space for my tiled windows that have worked perfectly for almost 30 years. MS needs to stop "fixing" what has never been bloody broken and focus on where the garbage lies.
    Monday, August 17, 2015 1:24 AM
  • I doubt it. Its broken. Admit it.
    Monday, August 31, 2015 3:13 PM