none
Not able to enable Biometric in windows 10 system RRS feed

• Question

• How to enable Fingerprint in windows 10 system without enabling Pin & Voice recognition.

Monday, January 20, 2020 10:04 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

I noticed you said not able to enable, did you encounter any error messages? 

We could enable through  Start  > Settings  > Accounts  > Sign-in options.

For more information, please refer to Windows 10 sign-in options and privacy

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:22 AM
  • How to enable Fingerprint in windows 10 system without enabling Pin & Voice recognition.

Hello,

IMO, this is not possible because of design. You necessarily have to enable PIN first, then only you can enable fingerprint (biometic). This helps users to use PIN as a backup sign-in option, in case if fingerprint fails. 

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 11:07 AM
  • If i enable finger print option through group policy, pin option also get enabled simultaneously. i dont want to enable pin option. Only i want to enable finger print option.
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 11:24 AM
  • Is there any Technet link for this information..

So that my management will accept...

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
  • Hi,

Please see the capture below:

Here is the link for more information:

Why a PIN is better than a password

And a same issue thread with yours.

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

If my information is useful for you, please mark it as answer.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 24, 2020 3:07 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.

Bests,

Monday, February 10, 2020 4:20 PM