none
'Windows cannot load locally stored profile

Question

• hi,

We r having WINXP. In our office 2 to 3 usres may login their accout in domain.user account should be created on DC server only. some times wen login to winxp the following error occurs and created the temporary profile for the user. Eventhough it have already connected to domain but after rejoined to the domain only (thro adminstrator) user can get their current working account. It has occuring intermittenly at some systems for some users. any suggestions on this issue pls?

'Windows cannot load locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.’Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile.  Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.’

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, December 11, 2010 12:27 AM Moved to proper forum category (From:Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3))
    Friday, December 10, 2010 10:08 AM

All replies

• Hello Radhikasen,

Please check the following KB 812339 and install the latest updates on the Windows XP.

Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812339

If the issue persists, please enable userenv log and upload Userenv.log file to the SkyDrive for further research.

How to enable user environment debug logging in retail builds of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221833

Brent
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, December 13, 2010 3:20 AM
  • hi brent,

above article says ' create a new user account '. but i need current working profile. any solutions?

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:27 AM
  • Hello Radhikasen,

By default, when users with roaming profiles log off, the system also saves a copy of their roaming profile on the hard drive of the computer they are using in case the server that stores the roaming profile is unavailable when the user logs on again. Please make sure system and user accounts have full control permission for their roaming profiles and local cache user profiles.

Beware of roaming user profiles
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2005/06/30/434209.aspx

Brent
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 5:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brent HuModerator Friday, December 17, 2010 9:40 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Radhikasen Monday, December 20, 2010 7:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Radhikasen Monday, December 20, 2010 7:04 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Radhikasen Monday, December 20, 2010 7:22 AM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 9:18 AM
  • hi

i wil check n revert

Monday, December 20, 2010 7:23 AM
  • Hi,

I'm wondering if the information is helpful or if you have any further questions. If there is anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Brent

Friday, January 7, 2011 6:17 AM

• Try helpdeskit.org . It's a Romanian team. I solved the problem with them
    Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:38 PM