none
How can I disable Windows Ink?

Question

• I have Windows 10 and have tried to disable Windows Ink through the registry but there is no listing for it. A guide told me to just make an entry for it and then disable the entry (which I tried even though that sounded weird and mostly like it would not work). Another suggested disabling it through the control panel but I have no option through there either.

Basically I'm having issues using my drawing tablet separate from the touch pen included with this laptop. While the touch pen works with microsoft's own basic sketch program, it has no pressure sensitivity on other programs. My drawing tablet works on other computers just fine but the touch pen conflicts with the programs and either disables my tablet or lags behind by entire minutes and basically there's no way anyone can work like that. 

To be clear, I'm not looking to simply remove the icon from the tray. I want it disabled entirely.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

So far we know 2 ways of disabling Windows Ink.

1# Open group policy editor, navigate to:

Computer configuration –> Administrative Templates –> Windows Components –> Windows Ink Workspace, double click on Allow Windows Ink Workspace in the right part of the screen, disable it.

2# Open registry editor, navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft, Right click on Microsoft folder and select New – Key, set the name WindowsInkWorkspace and hit Enter, right click on newly created key and choose New – DWORD (32-bit) Value with the same name. Set the value 0.

Restart computer to check the result.

How to Disable Windows Ink Workspace on Windows 10 PC

https://windowsable.com/disable-windows-ink-workspace-windows-10-pc/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:37 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 27, 2017 8:18 AM
  • I have tried #1 and it shows Windows Ink Workspace disabled ... but when I type Start+W, it appears.

I use Start+W to clear floating windows in certain apps. I need this functionality.

Once again Microsoft forces something upon me I don't need and breaks my other applications.

Friday, February 9, 2018 12:49 AM