Workflow 2013 in SharePoint 2016 not working Urgent Help needed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello There I have a SharePoint Server 2016 running Workflow 2010 Perfectly, but as i was in need of features so i managed to install Workflow Manager 1.0 for Workflows 2013. also Registered the SPWorkflow Service. Workflows 2013 started showing in my Site. I am trying to create new workflow with SPD 2013 it is Publishing Perfectly i can see the workflow attached to List/library. I selected option to start workflow when item created. But when i create a new item:

1. The Workflow Status remains Empty

2. In the Workflow Settings it shows Workflow in Progress 1 instance.

3. I tried Logging the History list but it also remains empty.

4. Checked the "Workflows can use app permissions" it is Active.

5. Tried to create workflow with 2010 it is working perfectly.

Please help me out with that i am stuck and lots of work is pending. thanks in Advance.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 1:54 PM

All replies

• what happens when you trigger the workflow from the associated list ? share the error if you get when you run manually if not share the ULS logs with us to have a look. 

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 2:00 PM
  • If you're experiencing the message "This web site has been configured to disallow editing with SharePoint Designer" in an on-premises installation of SharePoint Foundation 2013 or SharePoint Server 2013, be aware that a site definition configuration may be responsible for the message. For more information, go to Project Element (Site).

If changes were made to the site by using SharePoint Designer 2010 before you installed SharePoint Designer 2013, you may continue to experience one or more of the symptoms in the "Problem" section. If you're still experiencing these issues, follow these steps:

Exit SharePoint Designer 2013. If you're using the Click-to-Run version of SharePoint Designer 2013, go to step 4. Otherwise, go to step 2.

Install the SharePoint Designer 2013 hotfix that's dated June 11, 2013. For more information, see the Description of the SharePoint Designer 2013 hotfix package (Spd-x-none.msp): June 11, 2013.

Note

This step doesn't apply if you're using the Click-to-Run version of SharePoint Migration 2013.

Start SharePoint Designer 2013, and then connect to your SharePoint site. If the issue persists, go to the next step.

On the local computer, browse to the following folder:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebsiteCache

Note

To locate some of the files and folders, you may have to configure File Explorer or Windows Explorer to show hidden files, folders, and drives. To do this, see Show hidden files for specific steps for your operating system.

Delete all the files and folders that are present.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SharePoint Designer\ProxyAssemblyCache

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache

Start SharePoint Designer 2013, and proceed with your original intentions.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2020 2:53 PM
  • I just checked it by running manually

1. 1st stance still running, it shows the Running workflow with internal Status Started.

2. 2nd Manually started instance internal status terminated, and when i went into details its status info says Another instance with same ActivationInfo is running.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:51 PM
  • Hi, Syed,

Do you mean when you set the workflow to run manually, you can start it? Would you like to say a bit more about what you mean by following? Is there a workflow instance always running?

1. 1st stance still running, it shows the Running workflow with internal Status Started.

2. 2nd Manually started instance internal status terminated, and when i went into details its status info says Another instance with same ActivationInfo is running.

And do you find anything in ULS log? 

This SharePoint 2013 - Development and Programming  Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this Sticky Post for more details.

Best Regards

Jerry

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:56 AM
  • Hi, Syed,

After a few days, is there any progress on your task?

Best Regards

Jerry

We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Thursday, July 23, 2020 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

This forum will be locked down, if you still have issues about this question, you can continue to post in here before 8/10/2020. Or, you can create a new question on Microsoft Q&A, we will continue to support you on the new home.

Best Regards

Jerry

Monday, August 3, 2020 7:29 AM