none
Can't email pictures with windows 7

Question

• Everytime I try to email a picture I get the message"There is no email program associated to perform requested action.pLEASE INSTALL EMAIL PROGRAM OR IF ONE IS ALREADY INSTALLED,CREATan associaton in default programs control panel.I have no idea what this means.Can someone help me?

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 11:50 PM

Answers

• Hi chase321,

Could you please let us know which email program you are using? Is it Microsoft Office Outlook, Windows Live Mail, third party email program or Internet Explorer (IE)?

Also, you can change the default Windows programs by referring to this article: Change which programs Windows uses by default

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, June 09, 2010 2:11 AM
    Thursday, June 03, 2010 8:07 AM
  • Windows 7 does not come with a built in E-mail program. You need to install one or use web based mail like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc...

If you previously used Outlook Express with Windows XP then Windows Live Mail is probably the best fit for you. Click on the Start orb and type email, then click on the link that shows up called "Go online to get Windows Live Essentials ".

Rich Why can't I be different and original like everybody else? - Vivian Stanshal
    Friday, June 04, 2010 2:26 AM
  • You would get the above prompt if there isn't any email client being install. Adding on other advise, you could install outlook 2007 which is compatible with win 7
    Friday, June 04, 2010 6:44 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi chase321,

Could you please let us know which email program you are using? Is it Microsoft Office Outlook, Windows Live Mail, third party email program or Internet Explorer (IE)?

Also, you can change the default Windows programs by referring to this article: Change which programs Windows uses by default

Regards,

Linda

Thursday, June 03, 2010 8:07 AM
  • Windows 7 does not come with a built in E-mail program. You need to install one or use web based mail like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc...

If you previously used Outlook Express with Windows XP then Windows Live Mail is probably the best fit for you. Click on the Start orb and type email, then click on the link that shows up called "Go online to get Windows Live Essentials ".

Rich Why can't I be different and original like everybody else? - Vivian Stanshal
    Friday, June 04, 2010 2:26 AM
  • You would get the above prompt if there isn't any email client being install. Adding on other advise, you could install outlook 2007 which is compatible with win 7
    Friday, June 04, 2010 6:44 AM
    Answerer