none
Windows 7 Boot Scandisk.....

Question

• How i cancel the scandisk on windows 7? Everytime when i turn on my PC, this scandisk start. I know, when start a scandisk verification it means have some problem on HD or something, but in this case, i think this scandisk is completely unecessary. The scandisk started to show (I dont know EXACTLY, but i think...) when my driver of Nvidia stopped to response and back to work again. I read in the NVIDIA Forums about this problems, but some users are having the same problem with recent drivers. Well, i dont know if im having some problem on my HD, but i are canceling everytime this scandisk appear.

Im using here the computer normally, i dont received some error message or something (Yet...XD).

PS (IMPORTANT TO): This is the second time the scandisk started, but in the first time, i accepted to make this scandisk, but after his done, some programs disapeared in my computer (Ex: Realtek HD Audio Codec driver, Some games, and corrupted my Games for windows i think....I can't update or reinstall again, i receive error message)

ERROR MESSAGE: Could not open key Unknow/Components/*Big code*

Verify that you have sufficient access to thas key, or contact your support personnel.

Anyone can help with this problem and abou the Games For windows??

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:48 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 2:45 PM

Answers

• Your system Registry hive may be corrupt. I suggest you run In-place Upgrade to repair the system.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:43 AM

All replies

• Your system Registry hive may be corrupt. I suggest you run In-place Upgrade to repair the system.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:43 AM
  • Hi Arthur Xie! Sorry, but what do you mean with "In-place Upgrade"? Is repair the system with a DVD of windwows 7? But if i repair the system i lose all my settings and archives no? Im a new user of Windows 7....so i dont "studied" really well this OS yet =(.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:10 PM
  • To do In-place Upgrade, after you log into Windows 7, please open your Windows 7 installation program, either from DVD or from local copy. Then, choose upgrade during the process.

Monday, May 23, 2011 7:48 AM