none
HowTo uninstall Snipping Tool in Windows7

Question

• Hi,

up front:

this is my first post here. That is why i welcome any (off topic) hints towards the HowTos of this plattform. Please forgive my spelling mistakes :).

the Problem:

i cant figure out how to uninstall the "snipping tool" from the "Windows 7 Professional 64bit" clients i would like to distribute to my users.

What i tried:

1. Looking for it in the installed programms and functions. couldnt find it there.

2. I uninstalled the "Tablet PC Components" from the windows functions. This was suggested in some other forum for Vista PCs. But it didint uninstall the snipping Tool.

Why i need this:

I am administrating a domain for a company. the security of our data is a very big issuey, since we handle a lot of personal data. For the old Windows XP Clients we used a selfwritten screenshot tool, that prevents users from taking screesnhots. I can block the Programm from beeing opend in varios ways, but i would realy feel better,w hen i could just uninstall it.

Thanks upfront for any feedback!

Envirement: a single Domain

Clients: Windows 7 Professional | 64bit | SP1  on Dell Optiplex 780/790

Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:54 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

You can disable the snipping tool feature via group policy.

1.Click Start, type gpedit.msc, press Enter to open Local Group Policy Editor.

2.Navigate to Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Tablet PC->Accessories->double click Do not allow Snipping Tool to run .

3.Select enabled, click OK.

If you enable this policy setting, the Snipping Tool will not run.

Hope this helps.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 20, 2012 4:38 AM

All replies

• Not sure if this would do it, but you could just change the %windir%\system32\SnippingTool.exe to %windir%\system32\SnippingTool.old as it should disable it.  Hope that helps!

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:52 PM
  • Hi ,

You can disable the snipping tool feature via group policy.

1.Click Start, type gpedit.msc, press Enter to open Local Group Policy Editor.

2.Navigate to Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Tablet PC->Accessories->double click Do not allow Snipping Tool to run .

3.Select enabled, click OK.

If you enable this policy setting, the Snipping Tool will not run.

Hope this helps.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 20, 2012 4:38 AM
  • Thanks alot. this solved it. :)

--------------- Johannes Ole Schulenburg your friendly neighberhood admin

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:46 AM
  • my super thanks!

it was pissing me off into my pot, every time i pressed F7 in another useful app FAR file manager

Friday, April 21, 2017 12:30 AM
  • Not sure if this would do it, but you could just change the %windir%\system32\SnippingTool.exe to %windir%\system32\SnippingTool.old as it should disable it.  Hope that helps!

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

nope

system wont let you, since it is running now ever

answer is below, the best one, it worked for me

Friday, April 21, 2017 12:31 AM