none
bitlocker encrypted flash drive RRS feed

• Question

• hi,
    i want to encrypted my usb flash drive with bitlocker to go in windows 7.
    my question is that: what happened when i plug this flash in another machine like windows xp, windows vista,or windows 8 and
    mac machine? is it possible for bitlocker to support encrypted flash to all operating systems mentioned above?
    plz answer it!
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 4:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you encrypted your USB flash with Bitlocker in Windows 7 and plug this USB flash driver in windows xp, windows vista, or windows 8, you can do the same thing just as you did in windows 7. For Mac, i guess Mac system can be supported as the reason that Bitlocker can support Windows system and Unix system.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you encrypted your USB flash with Bitlocker in Windows 7 and plug this USB flash driver in windows xp, windows vista, or windows 8, you can do the same thing just as you did in windows 7. For Mac, i guess Mac system can be supported as the reason that Bitlocker can support Windows system and Unix system.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:15 AM
  • Unfortunately, i am afraid Mac cannot read usb flash disk encrypted by bitlocker up to now. I tried it on Lion, even with win7 run by VMware it still failed.
    Sunday, July 7, 2013 9:07 AM