none
Activating Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation Fast ring from Windows Insiders RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Microsoft E5 subscription. Is it possible to activate Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation Fast ring directly from Windows Insiders? If it's possible, how can I do it? Is it mandatory to buy Win10 pro in order to upgrade to Win10 Enterprise E5?
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:24 PM

All replies

• You can activate within Windows Insider builds.

With Windows 10, version 1703 both Windows 10 Enterprise E3 and Windows 10 Enterprise E5 are available as online services via subscription. Deploying Windows 10 Enterprise in your organization can now be accomplished with no keys and no reboots.

If you are running Windows 10, version 1703 or later:

• Devices with a current Windows 10 Pro license can be seamlessly upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise.
    • Product key-based Windows 10 Enterprise software licenses can be transitioned to Windows 10 Enterprise subscriptions.

Kindly go through the following Microsoft reference:

Windows 10 Subscription Activation

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:38 AM
  • No.

The Windows 10 Enterprise 90-day Evaluation is only used to test our applications, hardware, and deployment strategies before doing a full-scale deployment. When the trial is over we will have to wipe and install the RTM Windows, it is meaningless to activate Windows Evaluations system, in the other words, Evaluation build doesn’t need and can’t be activated.

In fact, I am not clear about your words, what is Microsoft E5 subscription? You mean Windows 10 Enterprise E5 or Microsoft 365 E5.

For licensing question, the best way is asking for help from Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center and Microsoft Partner Support

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ae/help/4471406/how-to-contact-the-microsoft-volume-licensing-service-center

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 2:00 AM
  • I meant a Microsoft 365 E5 subscription. It includes a subscription to Windows 10 Enterprise E5.

I want to test the Fast ring from Windows Insiders of Windows 10 Enterprise. I want to know if I can activate it directly, without installing Win10 pro, from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced

Friday, November 15, 2019 10:37 PM
  • For Microsoft 365 E5 subscription you’d better ask for help from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/product-licensing/microsoft-365-enterprise

In my opinion, Subscription Activation for Windows 10 Enterprise needs activated RTM Pro system for upgrade, even though your are using Insider Preview version. Evaluation version can’t be used as a media for Subscription Activation

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:08 AM