none
How do I get Bluetooth support? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I bought a Bluetooth dongle the other day as I would love to be able to use my Bluetooth ear-piece with Skype etc., but they never seem to work nor come with in-built drivers. I quickly scanned through device manager and found that the machine had no generic Bluetooth stack available.

I'm using a PC, no particular type as I'm guessing ebuyer.com built it customly, and did not come with any built-in Bluetooth.

I'm wondering how I can get stuff like this working. Is there no generic stack/driver available from Microsoft themselves?

Any help appreciated. Best regards

Garry

Monday, November 25, 2013 10:25 PM

Answers

• If Bluetooth device is available in your PC, then you could visit your PC manufacturer's website and install its driver. If not, you should get it device first.

There are standalone Bluetooth device available which could connect to USB.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

For the issue, it seems that we haven't installed the right drivers.

I would like to know the Bluetooth model.

As Cyber_Defend_Team  said , I suggest we download the correct Bluetooth driver by manufacturer website.

If you don't find that Windows 8 compatible driver; download Windows 7/ Windows Vista compatible driver, install in compatible mode.

Making older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Regards,

Kelvin hsu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:45 AM

All replies

• If Bluetooth device is available in your PC, then you could visit your PC manufacturer's website and install its driver. If not, you should get it device first.

There are standalone Bluetooth device available which could connect to USB.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

For the issue, it seems that we haven't installed the right drivers.

I would like to know the Bluetooth model.

As Cyber_Defend_Team  said , I suggest we download the correct Bluetooth driver by manufacturer website.

If you don't find that Windows 8 compatible driver; download Windows 7/ Windows Vista compatible driver, install in compatible mode.

Making older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Regards,

Kelvin hsu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:45 AM