none
Event ID 4802 & 4803 not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

i have enabled a GPO in windows 10 to see screen saver running or not ., 

Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Windows Settings -> security settings -> Advanced Audit Policy Configuration -> Audit Policies ->Logon / Logoff Policies

Other Logon/Logoff Events = Enabled (success,Failure)

i cant see the event 4802/4803. but i can see screen saver is running 

Vijay Kumar

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Vijay Kumar, 

I found an official article about this policy Audit Other Logon/Logoff Events, and I noticed it not apply to Windows Server 2008 and Vista system version, so please make sure you are not using those 2 system version. 

Also I noticed the article not state that it would apply to Windows 10 and Server 2016 or upper system version, if you are using the latest system version, please check if same behavior appear on other same system version device.

Or we could  use command line "gpupdate /force" as administrator to force the policy take into affect. Or we could run command line "gpresult /h c:\gp.html" as administrator to check if the policy was configured successfully.

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:46 AM
  • Hi Vijay Kumar, ,

Any update?

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 8:14 AM