none
Vista Reinstall Problem with Driver Software Problem

Question

• Product Driver software installation Problem Could not find driver software Date 10/28/2010 8:18 PM Status More information available
    Description Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&SUBSYS_020D1028&REV_02.
    Problem signature Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
    Architecture: x64
    Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&SUBSYS_020D1028&REV_02
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 52889115
    Stormi Stebbins
    Friday, October 29, 2010 1:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting!

From the VEN_8086&DEV_2930 we get the Vendor ID and Device ID, input it here and you will get the actual problematic device here, namely the Intel ICH9 Family SMBus Controller.

You can download the driver here or search in Intel's download center.

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, November 02, 2010 8:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting!

From the VEN_8086&DEV_2930 we get the Vendor ID and Device ID, input it here and you will get the actual problematic device here, namely the Intel ICH9 Family SMBus Controller.

You can download the driver here or search in Intel's download center.

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, November 02, 2010 8:13 AM
  • Hi I'm a lead Technician at my work I am currently working on a client's computer. They had the same missing driver. I came across this post in hopes that someone else had already resolved this issue but I Wasn't so lucky. After doing some research I found the driver here: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&SUBSYS_020D1028&REV_02

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&SUBSYS_020D1028

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&CC_0C0500

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&CC_0C05

Intel(R) ICH9 Family SMBus Controller - 2930 drivers

downloadcenter(dot)intel(dot)com/Detail_Desc(dot)aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=178&DwnldID=20937

Hope this helps anyone looking for it in the future.

- Robert

p.s. Replace dots with periods and add https to the beginning microsfot won't let me post a link.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:53 PM