none
Failed to find MUI file

Question

• Trying to install KB947506 hotfix update and get an error message:  Installer encountered an error 0x80073afc, the resource loader failed to find MUI file.  So I have run sfc /scannow and it returned that it had found corrupt files but couldn´t repair some of them.  Also I have recently changed the language of my operating system from ES-es to EN-us.  Do you know how I can resolve this as it seem to have de-stabilised my whole system.
    Saturday, September 06, 2008 4:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Toaksie

Please see my reply to your other thread on this subject.

Here is the link.

Windows Update issue - TechNet Forums:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3842959&SiteID=17

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer or Helpful button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Saturday, September 06, 2008 4:34 PM
  • Your 'link' is corrupted Ronnie because it takes you to a multi-languages page that says Sorry but the page isn't here or some such BS. My problem is similar and you will probably say this is wrong group or something since nobody seems to know anything at MS these days.

I am trying to System Restore on Windows 7 (HP Pavilion w/ Windows 7 Home Premium) but it gives me some ____ about not being able to find MUI File (whatever the ____ that is) 0x80073AFC (AFC=Air Force ____ maybe?), to close System Restore (which had already shut itself down anyway) and try SR again. I did and it didn't work again!

Problem started when I installed TechTracker from CNET to keep track of upgrades for programs. Along with it came some spyware terminator, registry booster, an anti-virus program and worst of all- Web Security Guard which will not allow access to any websites or webpages IT doesn't like whether I tell it to ALLOW them or not! Uninstalled WSG 5 times and it keeps coming back. I want to restore back to 20 July 2010 when almost everything was running OK but I cannot do so until I find this MUI File. Help! Thanks a lot- JKMc/K&K Scion of Anime- Brookhaven PA-USA

I forgot to mention Ronnie but I did not upgrade a PC from Vista to Windows 7. I got an entirely new PC set up from HP which happened to be called Pavilion same as my old Vista setup.-JKMc/K&K

Friday, July 23, 2010 5:48 AM