none
No bootable Device found RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been stuck on this for a while so looking for advice please.

I have a task sequence, that runs, lays down the OS, does drivers etc all good, then gets to the "Setup Windows and Configuration Manager" step (which also completes successfully according to state messages), the system is rebooted throwing no errors then claims "No bootable device found."

I've tried all manor of BIOS options, with the same results.

They are Dell machines, and have M.2 Toshiba drive in (250GB).

During the sequence I've pressed F8 and used disk part to list the disk, which is all present and correct.  I can see the partitions created are all good.

I've injected the Intel Rapid Storage drivers into the Boot Image.

I've also spent a few days trying different options for the drive partitioning.  This is what we currently do: https://garytown.com/osd-partition-setup-mike-terrill-edition-the-optimized-way 

Can anyone offer any advice? The particular model I'm looking at is Latitude 7280, but I have a myriad of others with M.2 drives in to get through.

Jonnie | My blog: www.deploymentshare.com | Twitter: @deploymentshare and @jonniehack

Friday, January 24, 2020 5:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Jonathan,

It seems the Task sequence is finished and then the reboot is done. But it is failed to start with error "No bootable device found".

For our issue, we can check the following information:
    1.If  the Dell storage drivers which support NVME are added into the step “Apply Device Drivers”.
    2.Restart the computer & tap F2 to get into bios, press F9 to set bios to defaults & then F10 to save & exit Then see if the computer can start.
    3.Check what is the initial OS for this laptop.

Please collect the above information and if there’s update, please let us know.

Best regards.
    Crystal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 27, 2020 4:13 AM
  • Monday, January 27, 2020 7:46 AM
  • So I can confirm;

1.) yes the driver that supports NVME (intel Rapid Storage drivers) are in the boot image (See original post).  I can press F8 during the setup and browse the disk partitions just fine, if this was not present the install would not start.
    2.) The BIOS setting have been restored to factory settings and MANY setting have been changed, with no luck
    3.) The machines original OS is Windows 10 (i7 Gen7 or Gen8)

Jonnie | My blog: www.deploymentshare.com | Twitter: @deploymentshare and @jonniehack

Monday, January 27, 2020 4:47 PM
  • Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.

One thing want to double confirm with you did we mean the same driver we added into boot image are also added into Task sequence “Apply Device Drivers”? Based as I know, when we add storage driver into boot image, it means the drivers are added into WinPE boot and then we can recognize the storage. But when the Task sequence is finished, the OS restart, it exit the WinPE stage and will use the OS it applied. So we need also make sure the related storage drivers are also added into the full OS when deployed. Also confirm if the divers you added are the same in the following link:
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/sg/en/sgbsd1/product-support/product/latitude-12-7280-laptop/drivers 

Also please confirm if the image you capture is from a machine which is with GPT not MBR.
    In addition, did we try to disable the BIOS setting “Secure Boot Enable” and if the result is different.

Hope it can help.

Best regards.
    Crystal

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 6:11 AM
  • Hi Jonathan,

How's everything going? Is there any update on our issue or if there's anything unclear with our previous reply, feel free to let us know.

Best regards.

Crystal

Monday, February 3, 2020 8:21 AM