none
Windows 7 Extended Support Failed to Activate RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an issuea when i try to activate the Extended Windows 7 Support. I purchased the extended support and i installed al prerequisites and when it is trying to activate it, it returns me this error.:

[ERROR] System.Management.Automation.MethodInvocationException: Exception calling "Activate" : "" ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

at System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject inParameters, InvokeMethodOptions options)

at System.Management.Automation.ManagementObjectAdapter.InvokeManagementMethod(ManagementObject obj, String methodName, ManagementBaseObject inParams)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Management.Automation.ExceptionHandlingOps.CheckActionPreference(FunctionContext funcContext, Exception exception)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`2.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

Can you help me with thiss error?

In log i can find the product name,, instalation id, activation id and extended support id. I can see all of that. I just doesn't show me that the prduct key was activated succesfully and tha MAC key was activated.

Do you know what can cause this issue and what i have to do to solve it?

Thank you!

Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Check this step-by-step guide to activate your Windows 7 Extended Support.

https://borncity.com/win/2020/01/08/windows7-preparing-for-esu-and-license-activation-part-2/

slmgr /dlv

The command then uses the Windows Software Licensing Service to request the Activation ID (see the following figure). The Windows Script Host window specifies the year and versions of Windows for which the ESU license can be used.

You need the Activation ID that appears in the dialog box, as this is now to be entered within the following command instead of the placeholder <ESU Activation ID> in the command prompt.

slmgr /ato <ESU Activation ID>

Regards

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, April 3, 2020 2:15 AM
  • Try R.clicking on the run/install icon.select run as Administrator.
    Friday, April 3, 2020 9:54 PM
  • Hi guys,

Thank you for your help but none of these worked.If you know what may cause this issue maybe i can dig to find a fix. So, if you have any ideea of what may cause this, or how to find the error, please tell me.

Thank you!

Monday, April 6, 2020 1:29 PM
  • Hi guys,

Thank you for your help but none of these worked.If you know what may cause this issue maybe i can dig to find a fix. So, if you have any ideea of what may cause this, or how to find the error, please tell me.

Thank you!

Monday, April 6, 2020 1:29 PM
  • Please provide with the exact error code that you`re getting while installing windows 7 ESU? Are you getting an error while you install ESU or After successfully installing ESU
    Tuesday, May 5, 2020 10:15 AM