none
Window Problem Reporting continually logging errors every 6 seconds RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently had updates installed for Windows 10 and I am continually getting errors being logged every six seconds

Error 2016-01-06 9:38:25 AM Application Error 1000 (100)

Not sure if it is related but I also get:

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070002: Synaptics driver update for Synaptics SMBus TouchPad.

It seems to chew up a lot of CPU (Windows Explorer) and "Windows Problem Reporting". Sometimes if I restart "Windows Explorer" from task manager things settled down enough to use the computer but the above error is continually being logged.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 2:42 PM

Answers

• Hi esmoran,

Thank you for your question.

By this issue, we could refer to the following steps to check if the issue persist:

1. Update Windows update to the lasted 
    2. Go to Device manager and find “Synapytics TouchPad SMBus”, then update the driver to the lasted 

If not, please post the details of application error 1000(100) for our troubleshooting.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, January 19, 2016 2:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LSModerator Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:30 AM
    Thursday, January 7, 2016 7:47 AM