none
video driver problem

Question

• My graphic card is "Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Chipset Family"
    i can't find this driver for windows 7 so i installed windows XP's driver in windows 7!
    its only problem is every time i restart windows, windows install this driver and ask to restart computer!
    so 3 time don't work with graphic and one time graphic is correct
    please help 
    Monday, May 18, 2009 8:07 PM

Answers

• my device ID is: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2592
    wait to check again

OK, Ali. I see that your device is supported by that driver (that id is the same as on the second last line of my first post). If installed properly it should not give you that "device would not start" error and should not show up with an exclamation mark in device manager. Just in case I am going to provide you with a link to the driver again,
    Intel graphic XDDM driver
    Download the file and unzip all files in it to a folder on your hard drive (there is 10 files in that folder), remember the location and go to device manager, this time right click on the display adapter -> select "update driver software" -> select "browse my computer..." -> select "let me pick from a list...." -> select "have disk" -> select "browse" and locate the files you extracted, selecting the file ialmnt5.inf in that folder and follow the prompts to install the driver that way, Once the driver is installed (it should only take a few seconds), reboot and there should no longer be any exlamation mark for it in device manager, your graphics should work much better
    • Marked as answer by Ali Modaresi Saturday, May 23, 2009 10:33 AM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:36 PM

All replies

• try the Vista driver,
    http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/637-installing-video-driver-intel-855-centrino-chipset-6.html#post91001 
    zip file works for
    %iMGM%  = i852GMPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3582
    %iSDG%  = i865G, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2572
    %iGDGD0% = i915G0, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2582
    %iGDGD1% = i915G1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2782
    %iALVD0% = i915GM0, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2592
    %iALVD1% = i915GM1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2792
    Monday, May 18, 2009 8:34 PM
  • i didn't find vista driver for my video card! but when i was in vista, i updated my computer and it found my driver!
    i didn't get your last 6 line!
    Monday, May 18, 2009 8:51 PM
  • i didn't find vista driver for my video card! but when i was in vista, i updated my computer and it found my driver!
    i didn't get your last 6 line!

those are the devices supported by the vista driver if you follow the link and the instructions at that webpage you can download and install the driver on those devices, the PCI\VEN string is a hardware id, you can locate your hardware id by going in device manager, locating your display adapter -> right click -> properties -> details tab -> select "Hardware ID" from the drop down list. If that driver doesn't support your device post your hardware id here..
    This driver will install in Vista... won't give you all the perks (Aero), but will work..
    Monday, May 18, 2009 9:08 PM
  • dear! I install that driver but it has an error and didn't work so to solve this big problem i renamed file named dispdiag.exe(windows device detector) so it don't get driver again!
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 10:31 AM
  • dear! I install that driver but it has an error and didn't work so to solve this big problem i renamed file named dispdiag.exe(windows device detector) so it don't get driver again!

Ali, go to device manager, locating your display adapter -> right click -> properties -> details tab -> select "Hardware ID" from the drop down list. Post it here. To install the driver first extract the files to a location, remember the location and go to device manager, this time right click on the display adapter -> select "update driver software" -> select "browse my computer..." -> select "let me pick from a list...." -> select "have disk" -> select "browse" and locate the files you extracted, selecting the *.inf file in that folder and install the driver that way if you haven't already. Once the driver is installed you should be able to view video reasonably well, play moderate games and have quicker response on your computer...
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:47 PM
    wait to check again
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:09 AM
    wait to check again

OK, Ali. I see that your device is supported by that driver (that id is the same as on the second last line of my first post). If installed properly it should not give you that "device would not start" error and should not show up with an exclamation mark in device manager. Just in case I am going to provide you with a link to the driver again,
    Intel graphic XDDM driver
    Download the file and unzip all files in it to a folder on your hard drive (there is 10 files in that folder), remember the location and go to device manager, this time right click on the display adapter -> select "update driver software" -> select "browse my computer..." -> select "let me pick from a list...." -> select "have disk" -> select "browse" and locate the files you extracted, selecting the file ialmnt5.inf in that folder and follow the prompts to install the driver that way, Once the driver is installed (it should only take a few seconds), reboot and there should no longer be any exlamation mark for it in device manager, your graphics should work much better
    • Marked as answer by Ali Modaresi Saturday, May 23, 2009 10:33 AM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:36 PM
  • Thanks very much for your solution
    it worked
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 10:38 AM
  • You're welcome
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:14 PM
  • hi..
    i had the same problem. applied your suggestions and its working now. but cant we use aero :( do you have any suggestions on this problem:(
    • Proposed as answer by Moonfire Sunday, May 24, 2009 12:19 PM
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 12:19 PM
  • hi..
    i had the same problem. applied your suggestions and its working now. but cant we use aero :( do you have any suggestions on this problem:(

Sorry, for Aero the driver must meet the WDDM model, and Intel has stated that they have no intention to do so, so my only suggestion is to keep emailing Intel until they break down and help everyone out (If in fact they can). Who knows, if in fact it is possible, and there are always rumors about intel and viseo cards... Maybe they will if enough people ask them. Personally I don't think they could otherwise they would have by now
    • Proposed as answer by menlo-park Saturday, December 05, 2009 2:09 PM
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 1:58 PM
  • hi..

Sorry, for Aero the driver must meet the WDDM model, and Intel has stated that they have no intention to do so, so my only suggestion is to keep emailing Intel until they break down and help everyone out (If in fact they can). Who knows, if in fact it is possible, and there are always rumors about intel and viseo cards... Maybe they will if enough people ask them. Personally I don't think they could otherwise they would have by now

Intel has said that this line of integrated video cards are not capable of supporting aero and other features of the wddm model.
    Saturday, December 05, 2009 2:13 PM
  • just update your windows7  it will  automatacilly install driver but i m facing problem with intel 915 it dosent soupport aero if u find problem plz do let me no

Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:54 PM