none
Cisco VPN Client on Windows 7 64bit OS

Question

• Hi,

I struggled to install Cisco VPN cleint on Windows 7 64 bit operating system.

I have eventually managed to install Cisco VPN client AnyConnect with no modifications.
    (I did however load the DNEupgrade64 for a proir install of VPN client - not sure if that made it easier to install the final version I was able to.)

I am however struggling to import my PCF file with this version - there is no IMPORT functionality in the GUI.
    I also placed my PCF files in various directories - as previous versions only required this - but to no avail.

Does anyone know how to import the PCF files with Cisco VPN client AnyConnect?

Regards,
    Tornado
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 8:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• you can try shrewsofts vpn... it is 64bit native and i use it to connect to our cisco vpn.  http://www.shrew.net/software.

Best yet, the price is right!  free!
    • Proposed as answer by DrX69 Tuesday, March 09, 2010 7:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 03, 2010 1:32 AM
  • Hi Tornado,

You can try the Shrew Soft VPN Client 2.1.5 which is free, and compatibility for Cisco gateways has been improved and the ability to import PCF files has been added too. You can just select the pcf file and import.

Hope this helps.

John
    Wednesday, March 03, 2010 5:52 AM
  • John Cena wrote:

> You can try the Shrew Soft VPN Client 2.1.5 which is free, and
    > compatibility for Cisco gateways has been improved and the ability to
    > import PCF files has been added too. You can just select the pcf file
    > and import.

The Shrew Soft VPN Client works fine with Cisco VPN access points. However
    it is not completely free of bugs - at least on my Win7 32bit system. While
    connected I sometimes get BSOD in parts of the system where the ShrewSoft
    driver is involved (call stack shown by BlueScreenView shows it).

Robert
    Wednesday, March 03, 2010 6:30 PM
  • Thanks all.  Worked great once I saw the drop down nexdt to the right of the filename after clicking import.

Don
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 4:31 AM
  • how bizarre, i and a few others have this same client with no issues.  But then again we are running 64bit 
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 5:38 AM
  • Hi Tornado,

what's up now? have you tried the Shrew Soft VPN Client 2.1.5?  
    John
    Friday, March 05, 2010 1:48 AM
  • isnt this what i just said?
    Monday, March 15, 2010 3:41 AM
  • Shrew soft works best for me on windows 7 64bit. No issues at all and I was even able to improt PCF file smoothly. I struggled with cisco client for 2 days with all sorts of errors.
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:18 PM
  • it is up to 2.1.7 now... There is a setting where you can put routes in.  Only traffic that needs to access something on the ip range in vpn goes through it... all others go directly out of the nic.  Only client for windows i have seen that in.  Linux has had it for ages.
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 9:18 PM
  • Hello,

I have managed to install cisco vpn 5.07.xxxx for x64 system, but when I try to connect, I get ip address and dns but I'm not able to ping any address, both ips and hostnames..

So, looking here and there, i've found here to try Shrew Soft.. Again, I'm able to connect and obtain an ip address, but I cannot ping/connect to any machine in the network.

any idea?

Thanks!!

Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:43 PM
  • I have the same problem with Shrew soft let me know if you find a solution.

Please

Thanks

Chris

Friday, February 18, 2011 4:47 PM